Thread: Over Anxious
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy
I guess I am the only person who feels this way but I think the Texans could have gotten Jasin Babins in the FREAKIN second round. Let's see who was selected after Babin and if the teams before Houston really had need for him.
32 32 New England - NE runs a 34 D
3 35 San Diego - San Diego runs a new 34 D, also
4 36 Kansas City - Brought Babin in for a visit, traded down after he went off the board
6 38 Pittsburgh - Runs a 34 defense
7 39 Jacksonville - Have a poor pash rush, not happy with their DE's

That's 5 teams that could have taken Babin and no one would have batted an eye. Not to mention teams that were behind the Texans at 40. Here's the kicker - Casserly said on the radio during draft day that there were 2 other teams nosing around for a spot to take Babin in the 1st. Unless you want to call Charlie a bald faced liar or you think he was duped, that really settles the matter. Babin wasn't going to be available when the Texans selected at #40.

Maybe Casserly does have a little "sacred cow" aura here. But I feel he's earned that due to the positive direction this franchise is heading. Still, if you have a difference of opinion with what the Texans are doing, make your case. But don't be surprised when someone challenges your opinion and you have to defend it.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote