Thread: Ideal offseason
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal offseason

As for your FA's I like the Suggs and Gamble picks but not Dawkins, he's old and slow and not worth free agent money any more. I read some of the Philly football boards and the Philly fans say the same thing, old and slow, thus the reason Philly isn't trying to resign him.

As for your Not signed or released list, add Andre Davis to that list. He makes way to much money to be a kick returner and can't make it into the starters at WR. He's one of the highest paid players on the team and Jacoby Jones can return kicks just as well as Davis and for alot less money. I'd also add Ahman Green to that list especially if we get one of the big RB's to complete our thunder and lightning package.

As for your draft, I like it but the RB's are in the 230 lbs. range not 320 lbs. range. I know it was just a typo. I don't think Max Unger will be there in the 4th round though, he'll probably go in the 2nd or early 3rd. I agree with picking a Punter in the 7th round. turk makes too much money for a punter and is a place that we can save some bucks. The 5th and 6th picks I think should be depth at OL and Safety.

As for the LB discussion Curry is a great LB and will be a great pro at the strongside LB, he's the real deal. Someone is going to be really happy they drafted him. Maualuga and Spikes are good LB's in the middle but Cushings is way overrated and slow. Any team that drafts him high will wind up with a bust. I think Cushing will be a career backup LB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote