Thread: Over Anxious
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But I do have a bit of advice for you DatTexBoy. First rule, don't ever question a Casserly decision on these boards. All you are doing is asking for every Casserly fan to question your mentality or reasoning for questioning his mentality and or reasoning (or lack thereof).
I wouldn't care who the GM is--to me going off of pundit ranking sheets for draft picks and then criticizing GM's is generally a silly exercise. The scouting staffs and GM's see a lot more tape and do a lot more investigation than the pundits. They also know a lot more about what type of system they specifically are running so each team may rank people differently. It isn't as if draft prospects have their absolute rank and value tattoed on them somewhere. Plus as Mistral said, if there is a player that is perfect for your team why risk not getting them just to not overpay according to the pundits?