Thread: Carr=McNair
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004   #36
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't worry much about interceptions.

Often it's the receiver's fault or a Hail Mary but that is not reflected in the stats
I guess I can't dismiss the Ints so easily regardless of fault. It's things like the three ints returned for TDs that bother me a little (the one in NO was in garbage time but that really doesn't matter to me)...and then there was the one on the opening drive of the second half against KC when we were still in the game...and the one by Rocky Boiman early in the second half at TEN when the game was still close....and the one that was tipped at the LOS at Cincy when the outcome of the game was still in doubt.....and the one on the opening drive of the Ten game here in Dec ... and especially the one late in the game against Indy here in Week 17 with the score tied, the one deep in our teritory that set up Vanderjagt's winning FG.......those are the ones that bother me a little. None were Hail Mary's and all couldn't possibly be the fault of the receiver - maybe some were. Ints happen, sure, but throwing out the stat for a minute, it seems kind of natural to want to see more TD passes from your QB than Ints doesn't it?

Quote:
Carr made much more improvement statistically and realisticlly last year pre-injury than his overall stats showed
Agree. Carr showed marked improvement compared to '02 in game management/leadership, apparent confidence level, sack avoidance, to mention a few.

Last edited by aj.; 06-24-2004 at 07:20 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote