View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I prefer a balanced attack, but one that is not predicatable. Long passes downfield are exciting but they are not high percentage plays. You need to have a running threat and use it wisely and effectively, otherwise you end up being one-dimensional and looking like Ragone at Jax no matter who's playing QB (or getting your QB killed when the opponent no longer respects the run and just rushes the QB unmercifully). A good mix of throwing to the WRs, backs, and TEs on short, intermediate and long routes is what I want to see. I also want to see 25 rushes per game.

Having sat through years of the pass happy Run and Shoot and Red Gun, I remember how excited fans were when we actually got a real TE and a Fullback on the roster.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote