Thread: Carr=McNair
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
OK then, I want to see more TDs than Ints, a better rate of 3rd down conversions, better pocket awareness and movement (shuffle), and an ability to progress through reads without locking on... [not down on Carr by any means - just suggestions for improvement]
And you are correct on all those areas for improvement. Carr made much more improvement statistically and realisticlly last year pre-injury than his overall stats showed. My personnal bar for improvement judging Carr's performance this year is besting those pre-injury stats. If that happens, he could have a very Aikman like third year--not a flashy offense, but an efficient one.

My point about Bradshaw was solely to illustrate that people are more impatient nowadays. Look at his first three seasons and a lot of folks nowadays would have discarded him.