View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Awtysst's Stupidly Early Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont know about him being available in the second round .... the few mocks I've seen thus far have him going top 10. GBN has him @ #7 while Draft Countdown has him @ # 10 .... the first ILB taken in either mock.
Some people think his stock could drop going towards the draft, sorta like Dan Conner from last year.

If we were to take a LB, I would rather it be Rey Magulua. This is the kind of player that our defense is missing, a guy like Bob Sanders. He could improve our mentality on defense immensely, and if we had a chance to draft him we should. If you want nasty then look no further.

A close second would be Aaron Curry. The guy is a friggin' arsehole on the football field... exactly what I want from a defensive player.

I want this off-season to not only be dedicated to getting talent on the defensive side of the ball, but to also change the mentality of the players. We need some Ron Artest on this team. Look at how much TMac's and Yao Ming's demeanor has changed since adding Artest.

Also, for the offensive side of the ball, you guys should watch out for Ball St. QB, Nate Davis. Rumors going around that he is likely to declare for this draft, for the reason to get money to help support in raising his kid.

This guy is going to be an absolute stud in the NFL, and can be had in the 2nd round(probably 1st after combines). Someone on another board made a comment, saying that he could put up MVP numbers in the NFL, in a WCO. So imagine him as a Texans, with Kubiak as his coach. oh my gawd.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote