View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008   #5
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: geographically speaking

Realistically the Cowboys would be in the west and St. Louis or someone would be in the NFC East. But the NFL ain't gonna get rid of Cowboys/Skins, Dallas/Philly, or Cowboys/Giants.

Similarly, Dolphins/Jets, Dolphins/Bills, and Miami/New England are long standing rivalries that I seriously doubt are going anywhere. Since there are so few games played and the travel costs are relatively similar whether you are flying to Jacksonville or Buffalo, I don't think the NFL really needs geographical divisions at all.

I do wonder what would have happened if the Oilers hadn't moved. I miss playing Pittsburgh, Cincy, and Cleveland every year, even as the Texans. I would hope the NFL wouldn't screw with that division if we still had the Oilers. I guess you'd have to put Baltimore in the AFC South -- they belong as much as Indy, plus you have the natural hatred for the Baltimore fans towards the Colts (like Cleveland's for the Ravens).
Dan B. is online now   Reply With Quote