View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008   #145
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
excuse you?

The Dodgers are a bunch of do nothing want to be Giants franchise. To even imply that a team that housed Mays and McCovey, Bonds Cepeda is not on a different pedestal then the Dodgers is absolutely ridiculous

The battle of the bay and the quake series, Gibson ... every great moment in Dodger history has something to do with the Giants. Without the Giants the Dodgers are nothing.
Why would the Dodgers want to be the SF Giants franchise? You think they would prefer to have won absolutely nothing since moving to California just like the Giants? I don't think the LA Dodgers would want to trade in their 5 World Series titles for an empty trophy case.

Sure, I will give you that the Giants are on a different pedestal than the Dodgers, albeit a much lower one if you want to start comparing past greats. Bonds? You're seriously throwing that trash out there as something to be proud of?

The quake series? The Giants got swept in that series. Is getting swept in a series 19 years ago all the Giants fans have to hang their hats on these days? BTW, when you mention Gibson and great Dodger moments in one sentence I think of the A's not the Giants though I am sure a lot of great Dodgers moments have occurred against the Gnats so you might be right there.

Quote:
Without the Giants the Dodgers are nothing.
Well they surely would have a lot less wins in their history.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote