View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008   #129
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Far be it from me to defend a Titans fan, but BA has always said that he's been a Houston Oilers fan ever since he was a kid. Not being from the Houston area, he doesn't have the local ties to the team, so he just rooted for the franchise when they moved. (He and I have gone around this very issue on numerous occasions, as I could never understand why he wouldn't just root for his own hometown team with a history of championship successes...but that's another story for another day. I do believe him, though, that he's been an Oilers/Titans for a long while.)

IF the Texans were to ever sport another franchise's uniforms, I'd be highly disappointed in them. However, I'd prefer they go with Gamblers colors instead of the Oilers (whose franchise is still in existence as evidenced by this thread). If I take away nostalgia for our old Luv Ya Blue team, I think the Gamblers had cooler looking unis, logo, and colors. JMO

He may have been an Oiler fan or whatever, but he is coming into a Texans board and rubbing salt on old wounds. I'm a die hard Texans fan, but I'll still cherish my Oilers memories as well and the "Luv ya blue", expression will always run in my veins just as the Texans pride does now. I knew a few of the players back then and some of the coaches as well. I still have old memorabilia of the Oilers stuff in my office.

Saying that the Titans went to a higher place is not only stupid, but uncalled for and an insult to our city in general. Bragging on a 6-0 record and waving it around saying how the Oilers of old were never this good and yada yada yada is just an attempt to cheapen what the old Oilers were.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote