View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008   #126
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 356170 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You wouldn't have a clue about anything that has to do with the Oilers. Here you are trying to tell us what we should think, but yet you find a condescending way of acting like the Titans are superior to what the Oilers were and rub it in our noses?

You're just a band wagon jumper who hopped on the Titans when they went over to Tennessee. The jerseys are not the Oilers jerseys, nor do they say Oilers on them.

Going from Houston to Tennessee is a higher place? You don't belong in this discussion any way, so why don't you find a nice dirt road in Nashville or some other backwoods town out there and get lost. Go hunt for a possum or have a teeth counting contest, or whatever it is you guys do in that state.
Far be it from me to defend a Titans fan, but BA has always said that he's been a Houston Oilers fan ever since he was a kid. Not being from the Houston area, he doesn't have the local ties to the team, so he just rooted for the franchise when they moved. (He and I have gone around this very issue on numerous occasions, as I could never understand why he wouldn't just root for his own hometown team with a history of championship successes...but that's another story for another day. I do believe him, though, that he's been an Oilers/Titans for a long while.)

IF the Texans were to ever sport another franchise's uniforms, I'd be highly disappointed in them. However, I'd prefer they go with Gamblers colors instead of the Oilers (whose franchise is still in existence as evidenced by this thread). If I take away nostalgia for our old Luv Ya Blue team, I think the Gamblers had cooler looking unis, logo, and colors. JMO