View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008   #103
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75189 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
After Bud dies, I think a class move by his inheritors/family, would be to give us our Oiler tradition, record books, and uniforms back. Let Tennesse start their own tradition, for crying out loud they have already done more in Tennessee than they ever did in Houston.

I would cry tears of joy if I ever saw the Texans play in the old Oilers uniform. It's already obvious that the Oilers werent what was cursed. It's our city.

I agree in the fact that I would love to see the Texans in retro jerseys as the Oilers. This is still a Houston football team and the Oilers were a Houston football team.

However, stop with the whole "We're cursed and the city is cursed". I hate when I hear any fans say that, and it sounds weak. This city is not cursed. The Rockets won two championships. The Oilers should have won a SB, but they screwed up and that was what happened. They were a really good team in the AFC for many years though. They just didn't get it done. The Texans are not cursed. They just have made bad decisions with a lot of players, management, and coaching. Eventually the cycle of the NFL will favor the Texans and we'll be a top team for a while at some point. How good will they be or how much will they achieve is yet to be known, but we'll get there.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote