View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008   #102
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
After Bud dies, I think a class move by his inheritors/family, would be to give us our Oiler tradition, record books, and uniforms back. Let Tennesse start their own tradition, for crying out loud they have already done more in Tennessee than they ever did in Houston.

I would cry tears of joy if I ever saw the Texans play in the old Oilers uniform. It's already obvious that the Oilers werent what was cursed. It's our city.
While nothing like this in this world is permanent I do not think this will be possible. I expect that the deal was made with the understanding that this was not to be skirted around once Bud was in the cold hard ground. Once he's dead it will become a case of going against the wishes of the deceased team founder and nobody wants that.

I would like to see it too but the word "forever" was used repeatedly when this BS "retiring" of the name Oilers was announced.