View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008   #78
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans to consider donning Oilers' throwback jersey in '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
I look at my team as a rusty old Nova that has been restored to show room new. I love the Titans just as much as any Houston fan loved them as the Oilers... maybe more than even some Houston fans love the new team in Houston... I mean, goodness... It's a damn uniform! It's nothing to get all up in arms about. Arguing about whether it's right or wrong is like trying to argue away the fact that the American Civil War happened... it's stupid. We are all fans. We all love the game. **** happens. It was all out of our control. (for the most part) I mean, for the glory of the game isn't it cool to see the Titans and Texans square off? It's like the Ravens and Colts... or maybe the Rams and Cardinals... or even the Cowboys and Chiefs... it's been 10 years! Can the healing begin already?
I'm not one of these guys in here that typically cares about the old Bud Adams garbage. He's gone and in another city. We have a new team now and I've moved on.

There is one thing that you'll never understand though. You weren't an Oiler fan, and you didn't root for them for years and years, nor do you cherish those same memories and still have some of the old memorabilia that you're proud to have.

When the Oilers went to Tennessee, they died. They became the TItans, a new team. Therefore, there shouldn't be any retro jerseys for the TItans, because they aren't the Oilers. The Oilers were HOUSTON OILERS. Your team is the Titans, and you guys wearing old Oiler jerseys to me would be no different than the Tampa Bay Bucs putting on Oiler jerseys and coming into Reliant stadium. It would be disrespectful and wrong, because many fans out here still cherish those sports memories and don't associate the Titans with the Oilers. If Bud would have decided to keep the Oiler name and uniform and just take it to another city, then that would be different. He started a new era and has done very well with the Titans. There is no need for him to try and come back here poking with us Houston fans and trying to rehash the past and irritate fans by doing that. Everyone knows Bud Adams and his style and if you're going to act like Bud wouldn't be doing that intentionally to get under the skin of Houston fans, then your just denying what you is the truth. Again, I don't think the Titans should even be allowed to wear those Oiler jerseys, but since they can and if they will then they need to do it somewhere else against another team. Come to Reliant stadium wearing the Oiler jerseys and throwing more mud at the Houston fans will make it a very ugly game, and many fans including myself are not going to take that lightly at all.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote