View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
You guys act like JJ was lighting it up on returns. He was in the bottom 20% of the league on punt returns and barely in the top half of the league in kick returns. Heck I bet Duff could do that AND provide us with a potential dime cornerback.
I completely agree with cutting JJ if it is a matter of having a person who truly contributes at their non returner role, BUT if the only comment is that in his first year he wasn't Dante Hall then I think that is just a grass is greener attitude that results in perpetual turnover and missed opportunities--Hall wasn't Hall until his third year and JJ got close to Hall's third year performance last year. In short as a returner I would say give JJ time to see what develops (like every other position on the team--you know QB's break out in year 3-5, etc.)--as a WR, if we have someone decidedly better and need the roster spot then fine JJ is gone.