View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans: top 10 defense.

I'm not going to lie. I do see encouraging signs from this defense last week. I'm still going to look out for pitfalls and the timing in Indy's offense just isn't there yet. It will be though and they will get more dangerous as the season goes forward.

I think some of the positive signs we saw last week were just importantly on offense. If Steve Slaton keeps doing what he's doing he should be hands down rookie of the year not just based on production but for what he's doing for the team as a whole. He helps give the QBs time because you can't just key on the passing game and gives an explosive dump down pass if nothing is up field. Duane Brown really has been solid for the most part and I have to say has exceeded most of my expectations by a long shot. The inside of the line still bothers me some but I think as the season goes on under Gibbs they can/will get better. Jury is out on Schaub still and perhaps the questions about him staying on the field are now starting to look fair.

All of that really helps what the defense has to do. With the offense picking up I don't think they now feel the need to have to make a play everytime because the other side of the ball is struggling. Mario is starting to play like a man among boys and if we can get consistent pressure outside of him then the front four will look good. I think I'm starting to see Ray Rhodes' effect on this defense especially on our secondary. If Reeves can keep getting his head turned in coverage to find the ball we're solid. I'm still waiting on seeing IF Dunta makes it back and how close is he to going 100%. I just have a hard time believing after an injury like that he's going to come back after the PUP period like the old Dunta we all know and love.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote