View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008   #55
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has Schaub been worth his pay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I hope you are right Cloak because Sage got the Texans to the best lead they have ever had over the Colts. The first 3 and 1/2 quarters were the best football the Texans played all year. I just don't think Sage deserves to be dumped on so hard. People forget that Sage is one of the main reasons the Texans made it to 8-8 last season.

I like Schaub and I hope he turns out to be worth those 2 2nd round picks. But up until now he hasn't. The rest is up to him. Hopefully seeing Sage light it up against the Colts and also how the Texan players seemed to be playing with more fire with him in there will cause Schaub to play at a new level. One that wins us games and inspires the players around him.
Agreed.

No, I don't believe Schaub has been worth what we paid and I do hope he goes on to be worth a lot more. At the same time, I believe that we should have fair competition for the QB position. I'm not saying Sage is the savior but, I like how he runs the offense and how the team responds to him. As I've said, to evaluate both QB's at this time would be to say we have 2 really good backup QB's.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote