View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008   #52
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has Schaub been worth his pay?

Contract-wise, I think it's a decent contract. Has he lived up to the $ amount? I'd have to say no, his play is under the dollar figure. You do have to take into account the 2 2nd round picks we gave up for him though. (the 2 spot drop in the 1st is moot since I'm assuming we would have drafted Amobi @ #8... actually 2 spots down might have saved us some dollars )

Looking back at the players we could/would have selected in the 2nd round the last two years- I still think it's a good deal. We'd have been rolling with Carr and/or Sage as the starter. In '07 i would have looked at CB Chris Houston, C Ryan Kalil, or maybe QB Drew Stanton? In '08 I would have looked at DE Calais Campbell, DE Jason Jones, a WR like Desean Jackson or Malcolm Kelly?? Hindsight is 20/20 and the players available at the spots we would have been picking (assuming same spots) don't really excite me to the point I'd say we would be THAT much better. We'd still have to pay both of them $, although there would be savings.

Or would we have gone a different route and drafted Brady Quinn in the 1st round? Would you feel better about having Quinn instead of Amobi?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote