View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008   #39
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has Schaub been worth his pay?

Schaub hasn't been worth money spent on a Jersey yet. He's not proven himself to be any better than a good backup QB. He's had good and bad games and if I'm comparing him to Carr, he's an upgrade, but he's not what he was hyped to be coming into Houston. Compare QB ratings between Schaub and Rosenfels. Look it up(Career and as a Texan). Who's the backup and who's the starter? If Schaub WAS worth the money spent, there wouldn't be a comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
However, he's only had 12 starts. How many starts should a team give a high-dollar QB before declaring him a bust?

My crystal ball says 12 starts out of 20 starting opportuinities is a glimpse into the future. A- he's too lanky to withstand the physical punishment he's going to see in a season. B- I want to question his heart. What leader sits out the game because his tummy hurts? He wouldn't have been the first professional athlete to pop a couple of Midol and play. And before anyone cries foul at this notion, I actually don't believe it's his heart. I'm guessing that even if he wanted to play, the Texans likely told him he's going to sit. But back to the top of my reply... That's not a tough decision when your having to choose which backup to start.