View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008   #47
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tuesday I woke up and realized that I was looking at progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Looking at it 48 hours later, I think this line is what it all comes down to at the end of the day (not to chop your entire post down to one line, but this point is the key to it all, IMO).

I was bit vocal about questioning Kubiak's call in my emotional disappointment. But after the smoke cleared, it is evident to me that all that matters is that the player failed to take care of his responsibilities. Nobody else screwed up on that play except for Sage. A coach should not call plays expecting a colossal failure.
I actually thought that Kubiak called the perfect play. In fact, I had called the bootleg after the last run because it was obvious to me that the left side of the field would be relatively open like it was on the previous two plays.
You have pretty much the same view from your seat as I do from mine, but I guess we just saw it differently.

I was actually in mid scream, telling my buddy Jay "I told, I told you!" when Sage and Karma decided that I needed a lesson in humility.
I don't know if y'all saw it or not, but Sage looked up at me in the middle of his mid air spin and mouthed the phrase "Pride cometh before the fall Big Mike, pride cometh before the fall..." then he reared back his head, gave an evil laugh, looked me in the eye once more and then just flipped the ball from his fingertips...

...that's the way I remember it.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote