View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008   #32
Polo

Default Re: Tuesday I woke up and realized that I was looking at progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I guess it's just a difference in philosophies. Personally I like a coach that plays it very close to the chest when you have the ball and are up 10 points with less than 4 minutes to play. And I really don't see how 3:45 is "plenty of time".
You're right...It is just different philosphies I guess...

The Colts were stacking against the run...Yeah Slaton had been running good all day, but at that juncture in the game colts knew (expected) us to run it and they were stopping us for 1 yard gains at that point...

I wouldn't really call 59 yards field goal range either...That's a pretty healthy distance to try a field goal from...If they did run it I'd have rather them punted it if we had a minimal gain...

I thought the bootleg was a good call because it's probably the safest passing play...It also gave Sage the option of running it or taking a sack....

I'd imagine Sage was told to only throw it if it looks like a guaranteed completion, otherwise run and get what you can or take the sack...

In my mind that sounds safe enough...Especially for a veteran NFL player...He'd been playing well all game long too...

I don't understand why Kubiak should have all of a sudden decided Sage needed to be handled like he was a child when he'd been playing like a man all day long...

I don't think anyone could have predicted Sage playing so stupidly in those last minutes...

Basically: I saw the call as an agressive way to get us within socring range (field goal), or best case scenario a first...Add to that the fact that the play call actually worked....The Colts defense was fooled...They were stacking the run and it showed...I dunno, but I'd rather my offense try and take destiny into their own hands rather than punting it away and hoping the defense can hold on...

Add to all that the fact that the Colts were starting to look like their old selves offensively and it makes me like the call even more...