View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008   #7
superdave532
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 superdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVPsuperdave532 was voted MVP
Default Re: Tuesday I woke up and realized that I was looking at progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

The loss to Indy represented a bit of progress to me (albeit an ugly one). The Texans will finish around .500 on the season this year. Now I know this to be true. They’ll win most of their games at home and steal a couple on the road and be 8-8 again or maybe 9-7. They’re making progress and one more draft should give them the talent they need to be as effective as any team in our conference. I really mean that too. The only question is can these coaches do anything with that talent. One guy losing one game doesn’t change that.

Sage Rosenfels fumbled the ball, fumbled the ball, and then threw the interception that sealed the loss. This one was all on him and nobody can deny that. The next time some imbecile tells you that Sage should be starting resist the urge to punch the fool in the mouth. You’d be right of course but it’s not worth the jail time. Sage killed that win just as effectively as if he’d missed a chip shot FG on the last play of the game and I think that it’s entirely appropriate to lay every single ounce of blame for this loss on his shoulders. I also think that it’s doing an injustice to the rest of the team to go off on some rambling tirade about how they’re cursed or how the head coach should be fired. One man alone did this by playing sloppy, undisciplined football. Sage wasn’t trying to win the game. The game was won. Sage wasn’t trying to help the team. The team (with Sage being a part of it) had beaten the Colts handily all day long up until that point. Sage was trying to win the starting QB spot. Sage was trying to help himself.
i agree with what you're saying. i want this game to be another sign of progress rather than a sign of a curse. the problem i have is the players are gonna have to be very mentally tough to keep their confidence up enough to finish the season after this one, in my opinion, and that hasn't seemed to be our strong suit to date. these losses can be incredibly demoralizing, i just hope our guys look at the bright side.
superdave532 is offline   Reply With Quote