View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Take ‘Dre away and Walter and Daniels make plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, you wait and watch how much Kubiak will want Schaub to get the ball to Andre Johnson instead of sticking with what works. AJ needs to "get his," but he also needs to catch the ones that are thrown his way. It'll result (maybe) in AJ making some big plays, but it undoubtedly will cause the production numbers for Daniels and Walter to decrease if AJ doesn't do something when the ball's thrown his way. Then, the defense tightens up coverage on Daniels and Walter because AJ is not in a rhythm.

In the past, I have seen us begin to move the ball with a certain set of plays or whatever...only to get "cute" and try to do other stuff, too, which stops the chains from moving and puts the ball into the other team's hands.

I guarantee you, Daniels will see a drop-off in looks AND meaningful action in the weeks to come. It seems like it happens every freaking time he gets on a roll. Owen Daniels is going to figure out, soon, that he can command some big bucks in the free agency market...and probably put up Pro Bowl-worthy seasons elsewhere. He's really, really good.

Oh well, let's see if Kubiak dances with those who brung him...or if it's a session of "let's get cute" with the offense. I'm not saying that we decrease AJ's looks, etc., but Daniels and Walter need to be serious considerations...the sort of consideration that might mean Schaub needs to make one of them, or both of them, higher priorities on his progression(s) during a play.

Have we seen the little "quick pass" bubble-screen out to AJ this season? That's about a 5-10 yard gain almost every time unless the defense is stacked for it.
I'm not worried about Dre, as long as Dre is healthy.

The offense is never about getting one guy the ball, but Andre Johnson is going to get his. It didn't happen this last game, but it is going to happen. The only people upset with AJ not getting more touches last game, despite Schaub having 3 TD passes is Richard Justice and those people who have AJ on their fantasy teams.