Thread: Perspective
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Perspective

"Not a fan of Smith's? I'm not saying I am president of his fan club. But I'm not president of the fire him club. Its pretty hard to run a defense when you're over matched talent wise. This just in.... we are over matched. Kind of hard to stop the run by scheming for it when your DL is undersized. I know we've got Okam but he's not ready. Not now. That's why he was a 6th rounder instead of a 2nd rounder. "

So Smith's excuse for consistently fielding one of the worst Ds on Sundays is talent? Tell me, how bad are we talent wise that poor Richard cant seem to even field a competitive unit for 3 years running?

Look at Jim Schwartz in Tenn. That defense was last in the league after 06. Then last year they're top 5, this year they look like the best unit in the league thus far. Were there any major additions? No, although they did lose their best CB Pacman Jones...

I wonder if COACHING had anything to do with that change?!?!?! If we cant expect our DC to get the defense to play like overachievers then he shouldn't be our DC.

PS: Okam was a 5th rounder.