View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New options for defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Really? If you were DC how would you pressure the opposing QB's with the current talent we have? Just Currious because I keep hearing this over and over. I just dont see how it could be done with this cast of players.

You cant say put Cochran in at DE instead of Weaver and Adibi in instead of either OLB either because they have both been hurt. What would you of done different?
1. Show pressure fronts most of the time. Don't always bring pressure but show the threat of it.

2. Create pressure by bringing numbers and creating confusion... Laying back against Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh may have kept the score down around 30 but defensively we never stopped those teams, they simply controlled the ball, the tempo, and scored at their pace... I'd gladly take giving up another 4-7 points a game if we get another turnover, create more negative plays including sacks, and the offense gets 2 extra posessions in the game.

3. I'm not a D.C. so I don't know.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote