Thread: Perspective
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58086 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Perspective

You beat me to it. I couldnt agree more.

I was as upset as anyone after each of our first 3 losses. But really what did we expect? There is no way we were going to start off this season looking good. People will say yeh but we shouldnít of looked as bad as we have. BS!! First off we have 3 NEW starters on our offensive line. One is a ROOKIE, our LT (considered the most important position on the line). We have a NEW OL coach teaching a NEW system that (and this is very important) cannot be fully practiced against our D because of possible injuries to our DL.

You cant practice cut blocking like you can a power run blocking scheme. That alone will cause a big learning curve. Throw in the fact that we started the season off against the friken Pittsburg Steelers, Titans and the Jaguars all on the road. Three of the top Defenses in the NFL. I have to say the way our OL played against the Jags really impressed me. Sure they didnít dominate but they showed more improvement over the last couple of weeks than anyone realistically could of expected.

On defense if you look at the personnel you have to question whether the coach is really at fault. We have an undersized Dline that just isnít equipped to stop the run. We have average OLBís and young secondary. Hell you could put all pros at both corner spots and they would still get burned because we cannot get pressure on the QB. Im not starting a KEEP Richard Smith movement but really what is he supposed to do with the hand that has been dealt to him? You say develop a identity? We have one. We are an undersized slow outside young defense that needs some impact players in key positions to compliment the good ones we have.

I still believe this team is heading in the right direction. We have improved every week and now we can take that improvement and work on it at home for the next 4 weeks. Say Im drinking the coolaid or whatever you want. I am going to root for this team just as passionately as I have since day one. I believe after this home stand most of you will to.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote