View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New options for defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I think I remember reading that Singletary would love to coach for the Texans. But this was like last year, so I'm not really sure.
That's an interesting idea. I would definitely like to see someone come in here that believes in pressure defense. I think that is what this team is built for- evidence on the field notwithstanding. Here's why, looking to 2009:

1. Significant talent and depth at CB: DRobinson, Bennett, Molden, Reeves are all CBs with the skills to hold up well and play the ball for a few seconds.

2. Undersized but fairly talented DTs: TJ, Okoye- they should both be playing one gap most of the time.

3. Mario's presence on the field demands special attention and would free up a lot of things for weakside and overloaded blitzes, etc. An agressive and talented D.C. could have Mario isolated on the lineman of his choice or have a blitzer running free most of the game.

4. An offense with the ability to score. Therefore, if the defense focuses on turnovers and big plays with agressiveness, it increases the tempo of the game and therefore increases the number of posessions for the offense.

5. I'm a frustrated fan that would like to see something differenet... like an agressive defense because the idea of beating the heck out of the opposing QB sounds good, even if the style of defense doesn't make much football sense.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote