View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New options for defensive coordinator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Really?? Is there?? Who?

I'll give you Mario, Demeco, Amobi, I'll even throw in Bennett.

If Bush is the guy Kubiak wants, why are the bothering with Smith? Are you telling me that it is because they don't want to buy him out? He is getting paid anyway, as is Bush. I don't buy it myself, I honestly believed if Smith wasn't the guy they wanted now, and the best they felt was available, that they would make a move.
It's not a pay thing. At the time that the Texans were looking for DCs, there weren't a bunch of great candidates out there. The Texans went with Smith, and Smith has had a number of reasons why things weren't going well (transition from the 3-4, offense can't hold onto the ball, key injuries). McNair is a patient owner and wants to get fair judgment of performance. The things that are most problematic about Smith is his problems with adjusting in game to stuff that is happening on the field (the obvious example is the Lee Evans abomination game or the recent Garrard runfest).

The Texans usually let people get out of the organization with some sort of honor intact if they can. Palmer is really the only exception to that.