View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I think in your main forum I made valid points about the positions of our teams. If you think I was in error speak up. They may have been direct and to the point but don't tag me as a troll then push your chest out about having some huge rep power. That is a flat out abuse of power.

Now I don't have any issues with you DB but at time you seem to just brush me off as a troll with little to no reason.

I have not attacked a poster and have not blown anything out of proportion. I route for a different team then you and we happen to be playing this week. And yes I do antagonize conversation but some great football conversation can start just by telling someone there team sucks.
I was not saying anything about my rep other than many members of this board agree with me when I take trolling to task. Sorry bud, but you are not well liked by the majority of this board. This isn't "puffing my chest" or whatever straw man that you're trying to build. It's a simple fact that rival fans who act ugly are not well received. Other fans who show respect are treated with respect. I don't understand why you cannot comprehend the difference or just choose not to understand that point.

I'm not some kind of public defender or "internet hero" (according to your spewage). I'm nothing more than a Texans fanatic that speaks my mind, especially in the face of continued trollish behavior by folks who seem to revel in it. As a moderator of both main Texans boards among others, it is part of my duties to keep trolls in check. This is the only board that I frequent that even allows it to begin with, and when it's abused, I'm going to respond accordingly.

If it hurts your feelings, perhaps you should review your own behavior and how it comes across to others. Toronto is a Titans fan and he is a great member of this board. So it all comes down to how you present yourself at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
Yeah, DB... I agree. I don't want to have a diminished respect for you. However Arrow, although DB has influence it's not like he's moderation. I do recall that he any Vinny both were extremely cool to me when I appeared... but yes, playing the troll card against quality, established poster is low.
I really have no qualms with BA, until he starts pushing buttons for the sole reason of trolling this forum. Perhaps quality is in the eye of the beholder, but you have already admitted to having some sort of alliance that seems to revolve around trolling opposing teams' forums.

Respect is met with respect. Trolling is met with torches and pitchforks.