View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008   #87
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
with respect to 'selective memory'. On the one hand you have Tinnbred fans clamoring about Earl Campbell and such. On the other hand they don't want the history of the Oilers, unless it is the good stuff...

Old Oilers fans such as myself don't cling on to only the good things, we remember the bad as well... We lived it. But we lived, Earl, Elvin, Kenny(s), Dr. Doom, Warren. And now y'all want to put some of those guys in your ring of honor??? Pffft, Pleeeease!! I think most of us would have been with an Art Modell type of arrangement too.. BUT, we also take solice in knowing that two of our most beloved Oilers want no parts of Bud or the Titans. Thanks Bum and Earl...
My name ain't "they"... I take the good with the bad... if you will even let me have it... You guys should have fought to keep the colors and the name if it meant so much and let Bud go on. I said I would have been fine with a Ravens type arrangement... The ring... that's Bud Adams... it's his team.. he lived it too. He has every right. I'd imagine a majority of Titan fans are indifferent. I respect the history. As for Philips and Campbell... whatever turns their crank...