View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008   #85
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
These history and past remarks I don't get... if it's good, it's Houston's heritage and if it's bad it's our dismal legacy... I just want to take the franchise at face value for what it is... this double edged sword cherry picking stuff is ridiculous to me and let me emphasize that it's not coming from you so much as it's what I'm talking about. Maybe I just don't get it. Maybe Houstonians have a selective memory... I don't really care. I would have been fine with an Art Modell type of arrangement. At the end of the day it's just a team in a place in a time. It happens to be the Titans in Nashville in 2008. That's what I am a fan of. That is what I pay to see.

If 30 years from Now Nashville doesn't give Bud Adam's nephew whatever he wants and if your still alive go ahead and have the last laugh. I would imagine that Nashville would learn from Houston and do as Indianapolis has done. Hopefully by that time the Titans will have a title.
with respect to 'selective memory'. On the one hand you have Tinnbred fans clamoring about Earl Campbell and such. On the other hand they don't want the history of the Oilers, unless it is the good stuff...

Old Oilers fans such as myself don't cling on to only the good things, we remember the bad as well... We lived it. But we lived, Earl, Elvin, Kenny(s), Dr. Doom, Warren. And now y'all want to put some of those guys in your ring of honor??? Pffft, Pleeeease!! I think most of us would have been with an Art Modell type of arrangement too.. BUT, we also take solice in knowing that two of our most beloved Oilers want no parts of Bud or the Titans. Thanks Bum and Earl...