View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008   #79
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
you lost me on whatever you were trying to say about history. I get the part about living in the present. I don't mind talking history, I'm just not focused on it. I like to talk history in the context of 5-10 years. Beyond that it's not good for a whole lot... at least not for my purposes.

How can you disagree about McNair? Out of the gate? He was in the practically in the stable for two years. He didn't even start regularly until he was 25 or so and if you compare the stats of Young and McNair they aren't really that much different. People said the same things of McNair as they do of Young in regards to style of play. No one is a sure thing. Everyone knows that. MAC9 had a clear edge in composure it seems. However the jury won't be in on Young for a few years. Right now it looks bad but keep in mind that Vince did not have the benefit of sitting like McNair did. As a Houston guy you should be fully aware of that. If you compare the stats of Young to that of McNair through 30 starts you will see.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...s?playerId=733
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=9589

Quote:
Bill... so what? I watch the came for the present. Not for the past.
Sounds like someone who wants to deny the past, that's all.

With respect to McNair, I don't need a re-cap of his career. His first full year as starter was his third... Two years on the bench (save a few appearances) < than VY who has been the starter for basically his first two years...

Put it this way. McNair threw more interceptions than touchdowns twice in his career and one of those was in his final season as a Raven in which he only started 6 games (2 TD's, 4 INT)... The only other time was in 10th season (7 TD's, 8 INT's), in only 8 starts....

At no point, was McNair in jeopardy of being benched....