View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008   #39
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My feelings towards Pud Adams has absolutely nothing to do with the state of the Houston Texans.

You can assume whatever you choose, but you don't know me and you have no clue about my history in this city.

Seeing a lowlife troll (not pointing at you, btw) come into this forum and spew garbage from his piehole gets the reactions it deserves. You Tits fans can sit on your high horses all you want, but at the end of the day your franchise has never been NFL world champions any more than our young franchise. So if you want to associate yourself with some braindead bottom-feeding troll by defending his spewage, then that is your choice.

Your city made a deal with the devil, but now you want to wash your hands of it all? You try to co-opt OILERS history with underhanded business tactics (i.e. "franchise records"...whatever), but the overwhelming majority of your fanbase has absolutely no memories of the history, and, the greatest player in your franchise's history wants absolutely nothing to do with your city, team, or owner, much less some number retirement that only serves to reveal the complete lack of class your owner is well known for. Matter-of-fact, inbred children of Uranus trollboys come in this very forum and talk smack about #34. This clearly reveals a lack of educated understanding of your own "franchise history" by a very vocal part of your fanbase.

Spin it however you want, but at the end of the day, you ended up with a stolen team because your city would never have what it takes to earn a team from the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I grew up a Cowboys hater. It was instilled into my DNA. Why? Because I'm from Houston, and I'm not going to bandwagon some other team. It is a matter of ethics and civic pride. Perhaps it's a form of tribalism, but that is the nature of sports fanatics.

That being said, my hatred for the Cowboys has faded. It has been eclipsed by the disgust I feel towards anything associated with Pud Adams. He's a lowlife, lying, pig of a man. I kid you not when I promise to crap on his grave someday. Nothing, not even multiple SB wins by the Texans, will ever diminish the burning desire to see the fat slug fail.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.
Quoted for.......F-in A right!