View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008   #33
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar The Titan View Post
what I mean is that if the Texans won the Super Bowl people Texans as a people would forget about all these old wounds. I'm not trying to be an ass, and I'm not necessarily trying to make an assumption but I know by my own experience that winning heals wounds. You guys seem stuck in the past and the Texans, well, they leave a bit more to be desired. They aren't really delivering. Wouldn't you suppose you wouldn't be so bitter about the whole deal if the Texans were a serious force in the AFC? Say they win that elusive ring... I can't imagine that too many in Houston would still be grinding an axe.
I grew up a Cowboys hater. It was instilled into my DNA. Why? Because I'm from Houston, and I'm not going to bandwagon some other team. It is a matter of ethics and civic pride. Perhaps it's a form of tribalism, but that is the nature of sports fanatics.

That being said, my hatred for the Cowboys has faded. It has been eclipsed by the disgust I feel towards anything associated with Pud Adams. He's a lowlife, lying, pig of a man. I kid you not when I promise to crap on his grave someday. Nothing, not even multiple SB wins by the Texans, will ever diminish the burning desire to see the fat slug fail.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin.