View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008   #25
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In honor of Texans-Titans week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Your franchise has been around for decades and has the same number of Super Bowl trophies as our six year old team. What is your definition if 'sorry' if your own standard defines the term itself?

It's really unbecoming of a lowlife troll to show his ass and lack of class, but it's obviously what you excel at, so I suppose that we're seeing the best of you right now.

Enjoy your fat slug of an owner. I look forward to laughing at the plight of Neckville when he decides to take the team elsewhere, especially because you know the NFL would never give you an expansion team. The only way you could ever get a team is through theft, which speaks volumes of your franchise and fanbase. You embraced a scumbucket owner and suckle like little piglets at his teats. Man, talk about indicative nature of things. That says it all.
you wouldn't feel that way if the Texans could manage to the playoffs or ebb over .500. You come of really bitter there, needlessly I might add. You essentially said that I'm a bad guy by association because I endeared myself to a team that brought themselves here. Mayor Phil Bredesen, now Governor Bredesen was approached by Bud Adams. No one in Nashville lobbied anyone in Houston to pry the Oilers away. Bud did what he did for his own reasons respectable, indefensible or otherwise. To alledge that Tennesseans stole the Oilers is absolutely ludicrous. The fact is that Adams called Bredesen on the phone, introduced himself and gave him him a quick pitch. Bredesen hung up on Adams thinking the call was a hoax. This is true. Adams called back and assured that he was in fact who he said he was and that his idea was in all sincerity at which point talks were opened. Memphis did try a number of times to land an expansion team and the lost out on all their bids. The thing is that Adams was familiar with Tennessee as he had spent a great deal of time here doing business over the decades and he felt that the people here would embrace his brand of football as college football is enormously popular in this state. I do agree that had Nashville had ambition to land an expansion team they would not be successful. The market isn't commercially appealing enough for the NFL's New York office to give any serious consideration to.