Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tebow released by the Jets (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99943)

CloakNNNdagger 04-29-2013 07:35 AM

Tebow released by the Jets

Just announced on Fox News.

http://media.whosay.com/146727/1/146727_la.jpg

Also ESPN:http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...m-tebow-source

Blake 04-29-2013 07:39 AM

Re: Tebow released by the Jets

No.

LikeMike 04-29-2013 07:49 AM

Here we to, let the circus begin...

brakos82 04-29-2013 08:01 AM

If he goes to the Cowboys I'll paint their stadium in red and white stripes myself. :lol:

texanhead08 04-29-2013 08:04 AM

I guess Jesus couldn't save him this time.

cuppacoffee 04-29-2013 08:05 AM

Too expensive to let Sanchez go.

What a mess.

And I agree with Blake...NO

:coffee:

cuppacoffee 04-29-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanhead08 (Post 2159038)
I guess Jesus couldn't save him this time.

Not too sure about that. Getting him out of that dysfunctional organization is a blessing.

:coffee:

Dread-Head 04-29-2013 08:36 AM

Someone will pick him up. He's like a cockroack he'll survive. I'm still mad at him for his lame attempt last year to have dropping to one knee to PRAY COPYRIGHTED as "Tebow-ing". Insofar as what some previous posters have said I'll have to agree No.

WolverineFan 04-29-2013 09:08 AM

Teams inquired about him this offseason, but they asked if he would be open to switching positions and he flat out said no. He may reconsider that now, but he seems to care more about being a QB than an NFL player.

Malloy 04-29-2013 09:16 AM

What if we....?

no.. :)

Dread-Head 04-29-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2159064)
Teams inquired about him this offseason, but they asked if he would be open to switching positions and he flat out said no. He may reconsider that now, but he seems to care more about being a QB than an NFL player.

:thinking: Hmmm. Quite the connundrum. On ONE hand, there have been some college players who were asked to switch positions when they arrived in the NFL who wound up succedeing beyond expectations. Dick Butkis was a tight end in College. A coach switched him to defense and made it to the hall of fame. Hines Ward was a quarterback in college and the Steelers turned him into a receiver. He's probably getting into the hall of fame of the first ballot.
While I understand the passion Tebow has for the game and the position he's been playing all this time. The QB I remember who was most dead set on playing QB and refused to become either a receiver or corner was Mr. Warren Moon. He was willing to go to Canada to prove he could play. Despite Vince Evans playing decent ball in Chicago and a rookie Doug Williams taking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to an NFC championship in his rookie season no one was willing to give Moon a chance straight out of Washington.
Tebow needs to accept the fact that he's no Mr. Warren Moon but if he TRULY loves the game he MIGHT be another Hines Ward or Dick Butkis if he TRULY loves the game he'll take a reassignment in stride and excel.

ArlingtonTexan 04-29-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 2159074)
:thinking: Hmmm. Quite the connundrum. On ONE hand, there have been some college players who were asked to switch positions when they arrived in the NFL who wound up succedeing beyond expectations. Dick Butkis was a tight end in College. A coach switched him to defense and made it to the hall of fame. Hines Ward was a quarterback in college and the Steelers turned him into a receiver. He's probably getting into the hall of fame of the first ballot.
While I understand the passion Tebow has for the game and the position he's been playing all this time. The QB I remember who was most dead set on playing QB and refused to become either a receiver or corner was Mr. Warren Moon. He was willing to go to Canada to prove he could play. Despite Vince Evans playing decent ball in Chicago and a rookie Doug Williams taking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to an NFC championship in his rookie season no one was willing to give Moon a chance straight out of Washington.
Tebow needs to accept the fact that he's no Mr. Warren Moon but if he TRULY loves the game he MIGHT be another Hines Ward or Dick Butkis if he TRULY loves the game he'll take a reassignment in stride and excel.

While these are nice examples the vast majority of position switches are started out of desparation and end in failure.

Dread-Head 04-29-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan (Post 2159076)
While these are nice examples the vast majority of position switches are started out of desparation and end in failure.

:thinking: You mean like when Jerry Jones occasionally integrated Deion Sanders into Dallas' offense as a receiver?

Playoffs 04-29-2013 09:49 AM

Why even sign the guy? Just for the circus? Sparano had zero interest in even training the kid. Fukkin' Jets. :mariopalm:

ChampionTexan 04-29-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but Dick Butkus was never a tight end in college. While he played a little bit of center at Illinois, he spent the vast majority of his time at linebacker.

Similarly, Ward spent some time playing QB his sophomore season at Georgia, he finished his college career with almost 150 receptions, and almost 2,000 yards receiving, and was hardly turned into a WR by the Steelers.

infantrycak 04-29-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Dick Butkis was a tight end in College. A coach switched him to defense and made it to the hall of fame. Hines Ward was a quarterback in college and the Steelers turned him into a receiver.

Butkis was a center and linebacker in college. Ward played part-time QB and then split between WR and RB.

GlassHalfFull 04-29-2013 10:00 AM

NO.

That is all.

brakos82 04-29-2013 10:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/m2QpOXk.gif

Dread-Head 04-29-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2159083)
Butkis was a center and linebacker in college. Ward played part-time QB and then split between WR and RB.

:thinking: I thought I saw an interview with Butkis where he said he'd played Tight End? I'll take your word on this one.

Dread-Head 04-29-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 2159087)

Out of curiosity Brakos, in this little scenario is Tebow the jar of peanut butter OR the nervous ferret?