Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Draft Grade Round 2 DJ Swearinger (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99884)

LikeMike 04-26-2013 07:20 PM

Draft Grade Round 2 DJ Swearinger

Do you like our second round pick?

aussie_texan 04-26-2013 07:22 PM

Re: Draft Grade Round 2 DJ Swearinger

Like this pick more then Hopkins in terms of value. His gonna be a beast!!!!

Rey 04-26-2013 07:23 PM

I love this pick so much. I am floating.

SmoochyTX 04-26-2013 07:33 PM

Hell yes!!!

EllisUnit 04-26-2013 07:34 PM

love his big hit ability, to bad the nfl is doing away with hitting in the nfl :kitten:

eriadoc 04-26-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2157036)
I love this pick so much. I am floating.

This.

Nawzer 04-26-2013 07:47 PM

Can't give someone who hasn't played a down in the NFL an A. But I do like the pick because we need quality depth in the secondary and he can potentially replace Ed Reed when he's done.

infantrycak 04-26-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer (Post 2157098)
Can't give someone who hasn't played a down in the NFL an A.

How does this make any sense? - it is grading the draft pick not their performance in the NFL. Mind boggling how people make up their own goofy standards.

EVOLVIST 04-26-2013 08:03 PM

What a great athlete: power, agility, a nose for the ball, coverage skills. However, all the potential day-1 starters at ILB are going off the board. So, I'm mixed. I'm happy the Texans got such a football player, yet I'm still scared to death over how soft we'll be in the middle next to Cush, when have to play the Pats again to get to the SB.

One can only hope that Wade invents more ways to get Swearinger on the field.

Wolf6151 04-26-2013 08:07 PM

I'm very ehhhhh on this pick. I think he's short to be covering TE in the NFL and we need a guy with coverage skill not hitting ability. There were better prospects available.

IDEXAN 04-26-2013 08:11 PM

Don't know a damn thing about this guy, but I'm surprised by the position ?
We NEED LBs ( both inside and outside) and RT much more than a safety, and no doubt after first round most teams draft by need first and most of all.

Corrosion 04-26-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLVIST (Post 2157126)
What a great athlete: power, agility, a nose for the ball, coverage skills. However, all the potential day-1 starters at ILB are going off the board. So, I'm mixed. I'm happy the Texans got such a football player, yet I'm still scared to death over how soft we'll be in the middle next to Cush, when have to play the Pats again to get to the SB.

One can only hope that Wade invents more ways to get Swearinger on the field.

No freaking way!

AJ Klien , Kevin Reddick & Nico Johnson are still on the board and should be there when the Texans pick in the 3rd and possibly 4th.

Not to mention Khaseem Greene , Chase Thomas , Zaviar Gooden & Sean Porter who may make a move inside in the NFL.

That 2nd ILB isnt likely to see the field anymore often than Swearinger.

silvrhand 04-26-2013 08:20 PM

I thought we had other pressing needs, I thought our secondary would be ok, I would have rather seen us take ILB, but understood that the ravens picked up the ILB we wanted..

First pick I loved it.
Second pick I am mixed on.

Honoring Earl 34 04-26-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2157139)
No freaking way!

AJ Klien , Kevin Reddick & Nico Johnson are still on the board and should be there when the Texans pick in the 3rd and possibly 4th.

Not to mention Khaseem Greene , Chase Thomas , Zaviar Gooden & Sean Porter who may make a move inside in the NFL.

I'm tired of the name Manti .

EVOLVIST 04-26-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2157139)
No freaking way!

A lot of serviceable LBs...but is it too much to ask for a Willis & Bowman combo for the Texans?

TexansBull 04-26-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 2157159)
I'm tired of the name Manti .

How about Geno, Mark Sanchez, and New York Jets?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Honoring Earl 34 04-26-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLVIST (Post 2157162)
A lot of serviceable LBs...but is it too much to ask for a Willis & Bowman combo for the Texans?

We took Amobi instead of Willis . I think Bowman was a 3rd rd pick .

TexansSeminole 04-26-2013 09:42 PM

I gave this a B, partially because I haven't seen enough of Swearinger to be in love with him. I think it is a fit as far as need is concerned. He could end up seeing alot of time on the field, even being the 3rd S on the team. I'm more at a B+/A- on this one.

Corrosion 04-26-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLVIST (Post 2157162)

Think about something here - That second ILB is not going to be on the field on passing downs. We already have Cushing who will be on the field in those situations - this team played its nickle/ dime package more than any other team in the league last year.

I talked about a hybrid LBer / Safety several times in the draft discussions but didnt think they would look for that guy so early - they got a hell of a player here who fills a huge need with Quin walking.

Why pay Willis & Bowman when one of them is on the bench 60% of the time ?!

Texn4life 04-26-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2157368)
Think about something here - That second ILB is not going to be on the field on passing downs. We already have Cushing who will be on the field in those situations - this team played its nickle/ dime package more than any other team in the league last year.

I talked about a hybrid LBer / Safety several times in the draft discussions but didnt think they would look for that guy so early - they got a hell of a player here who fills a huge need with Quin walking.

Why pay Willis & Bowman when one of them is on the bench 60% of the time ?!

Well I guess the alternative is doing what the 49ers do and keep both guys on the field pretty much all of the time. That would take some adjusting from Wade though so who knows if he'd be willing to do that.