Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   2nd round DJ Swearinger (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99883)

ArlingtonTexan 04-26-2013 08:18 PM

2nd round DJ Swearinger

Long -term safety help

Vance87 04-26-2013 08:20 PM

Re: 2nd round DJ Swearinger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64D1D8cyc4

All you need to know is 2:08.

Titans Sux 72 04-26-2013 08:22 PM

You mean just like Quinn?

Corrosion 04-26-2013 08:23 PM

Dude is a BIG hitter with very good cover / ball skills .....

Somewhat surprised that they went with a DB over a LBer or DL but .... this guy will take over the role that Quin played in passing situations. Considering how much time they spend in a three safety set , I find it hard to knock the pick.

I was looking for that hybrid DB/Lber much later in the draft ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 (Post 2157034)
You mean just like Quinn?

Much more physical player than Quin ....

CretorFrigg 04-26-2013 08:23 PM

What will be his role next season? I can't see him replacing Manning. I wanted a 2nd rounder that could immediately be plugged in and start.

aussie_texan 04-26-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2157041)
What will be his role next season? I can't see him replacing Manning. I wanted a 2nd rounder that could immediately be plugged in and start.

We play a lot of 3 safety sets. He'll be able to cover the bigger TEs. He will get a lot of snaps this year

Corrosion 04-26-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2157041)

He'll be the 3rd safety - basically the hybrid safety / ILB that Quin played. They were in that three safety look an awful lot too .... The more I think about it , the more I like the choice.

The Cush 04-26-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2157042)
We play a lot of 3 safety sets. He'll be able to cover the bigger TEs. He will get a lot of snaps this year

Yep, and more importantly...will keep Shiloh Keo off the field!!!!

rmartin65 04-26-2013 08:28 PM

I love it. Great pick. I do worry about him taking some penalties, but it is what it is.

Corrosion 04-26-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cush (Post 2157047)

Yeah really .... Keo can continue to blow assignments on special teams ..... :kitten:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmartin65 (Post 2157050)
I love it. Great pick. I do worry about him taking some penalties, but it is what it is.

Yeah he has a little bit of Bernard Pollard in him .... but that defense needed a nasty personality.

bckey 04-26-2013 08:28 PM

This guy is a beast. I love this pick. Vinny, I know you love it. Fantastic.

b0ng 04-26-2013 08:29 PM

Love this pick.

aussie_texan 04-26-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Cush (Post 2157047)

Yeah keo can stay on special teams which is best for him the team and most of all for us the fans !!!!

Rey 04-26-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2157045)
He'll be the 3rd safety - basically the hybrid safety / ILB that Quin played. They were in that three safety look an awful lot too .... The more I think about it , the more I like the choice.

Exactly.

Dudes going to play a bunch. And he's going to flash like no body's business. Hopefully he's a Texan for a long long time.

Love swearinger. He's the one guy that I absolutely wanted to come away with in the draft.

Dude is a baller. A beast.

Vinny 04-26-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bckey (Post 2157052)
This guy is a beast. I love this pick. Vinny, I know you love it. Fantastic.

Reed and/or Manning will need help since they are kinda elderly so this will do us good. One or both of them will be nicked up next season at times. I like the pick.

Marcus 04-26-2013 08:31 PM

Another one . .

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojqo5sW...eature=related

SW H-TOWN 04-26-2013 08:32 PM

Guys are going to think twice before going over the middle with Swearinger and Cushing out there. Jungle Boi is in H-Town and the dude can put a hurt on somebody, enforcer with "swagger". I think we will be looking for an ILB in the 3rd. Possibly Sio Moore or Sean Porter.

badboy 04-26-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmartin65 (Post 2157050)

Yep, kid needs to quit going for the head but awesome tackler. I wished he had more speed. I had just posted earlier in the draft thread that we could get OLB and Ilb later and should go either safety or NT. Hopefully a NT will be their in third.

Playoffs 04-26-2013 08:33 PM

John Harris ‏@jharrisfootball 4m
Quote:

DJ even played CB in a game vs. Tennessee too. Can be reckless, out of control at times, but if he tackles well, he'll be solid in a few yrs

Swearinger a round earlier than I expected, but the top safeties were coming off the board and he probably wasn't there in 3rd round.

D.J Swearinger is a HAMMER. He will light you up (about one of the only player I'd be happy taking over J. Williams, D. Moore)
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 8m
Quote:

RT @PayneNFL: Very happy about Swearinger. Fits perfectly in Wade's 3 safety sub package.

TexansSeminole 04-26-2013 08:34 PM

I like it alot. Is this the highest selected safety ever for us?

Hopefully he can come in and play that inside safety role that we lost with Quin on nickel and dime packages.