Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay Bucaneers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99783)

ASidd_1990 04-21-2013 02:12 PM

Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay Bucaneers

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo 4h
Quote:

Jets and Bucs have already agreed on the trade, Revis and Bucs have agreed on basic contract, deal should be finalized by tonight or Mon AM

Wolf 04-21-2013 02:26 PM

Re: Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay Bucaneers

Wonder if Sanchez was part of it. Jets went for it but now time for rebuilding which might not be bad considering brady won't be around too much longer and in a weak division.

TexansSeminole 04-21-2013 02:30 PM

Nice little secondary they are building over there. Revis, Goldson, Barron. They are rumored to be interested in Dee Milliner. That would be one heck of a secondary and a turn around.

Wolf 04-21-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansSeminole (Post 2153775)
Nice little secondary they are building over there. Revis, Goldson, Barron. They are rumored to be interested in Dee Milliner. That would be one heck of a secondary and a turn around.

very true esp going against ryan and brees twice a year

Playoffs 04-21-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 2153773)
Wonder if Sanchez was part of it. Jets went for it but now time for rebuilding which might not be bad considering brady won't be around too much longer and in a weak division.

Heard Jets offered Sanchez and $5,000,000 as part of the trade and Bucs told them they could keep their money and their butt-fumbler. :kitten:

ASidd_1990 04-21-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2153790)
Heard Jets offered Sanchez and $5,000,000 as part of the trade and Bucs told them they could keep their money and their butt-fumbler. :kitten:

I thought it was Tim Tebow?

Playoffs 04-21-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 (Post 2153791)
I thought it was Tim Tebow?

Nope. Janitor at Reliant texted Matt Turk who tweeted it out to his follower.

ASidd_1990 04-21-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2153794)
Nope. Janitor at Reliant texted Matt Turk who tweeted it out to his follower.

**** you!

ASidd_1990 04-21-2013 03:49 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Quote:

Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
Quote:

Darrelle Revis received a 6-yr deal from the Bucs that makes him highest paid DB in NFL history but includes NO guaranteed money. None.

ASidd_1990 04-21-2013 03:54 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Quote:

Darrelle signed six-year, $96 million deal with Bucs. This year he will make $16 million. Makes $16 million each year. Ripped up old deal.

Texn4life 04-21-2013 04:04 PM

That's a crapload of money to pay a CB, but from what I understand there's no guaranteed money in the deal. Not a bad haul on the part of the Bucs I guess. A first and a third or fourth next year hurts, but if Revis is healthy then it'll help that team big time.

Hookem Horns 04-21-2013 04:21 PM

Hmm, so they "only" gave up their first round pick this season? I say "only" because there were some rumors floating around here that they were going to give up more.

Glad they finally addressed their CB issue, I was getting concerned as this dragged on. Hopefully Revis can be affective after his injury.

Week 1, Bucs vs Jets. Should be fun.

Texn4life 04-21-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2153811)
Hmm, so they "only" gave up their first round pick this season? I say "only" because there were some rumors floating around here that they were going to give up more.

Glad they finally addressed their CB issue, I was getting concerned as this dragged on. Hopefully Revis can be affective after his injury.

Week 1, Bucs vs Jets. Should be fun.

With Barron and Gholdson at safety that's going to be a serious and physical secondary. I guess Wright will be the starter opposite Revis which isn't bad at all. I still expect them to draft a Corner in the 2nd or 3rd round this year though.

ChampionTexan 04-21-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

They are rumored to be interested in Dee Milliner. That would be one heck of a secondary and a turn around.

I think they just traded the pick they would have used to select Milliner.

TexansSeminole 04-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2153821)
I think they just traded the pick they would have used to select Milliner.

Yea, I see that now. Maybe the Bucs would be a suitable trade partner. They have the 11th pick in the 2nd round, 3rd round and two 4th rounders. They lost DE Bowers to his stupid decision to bring a gun to the airport. They may feel that a player at DE or another position of need is a must have at that spot. They'd have to give up alot though.

Texn4life 04-21-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansSeminole (Post 2153825)
Yea, I see that now. Maybe the Bucs would be a suitable trade partner. They have the 11th pick in the 2nd round, 3rd round and two 4th rounders. They lost DE Bowers to his stupid decision to being a gun to the airport. They may feel that a player at DE or another position of need is a must have at that spot. They'd have to give up alot though.

I'd be down with trading our 1st this year and acquring their second if we could get their 3rd rounder this year. Not sure how that works on the trade value chart, but I wouldn't do it for any less. That would give us 2 seconds, and 3 thirds. Think we could do some damage with that.

Playoffs 04-21-2013 06:31 PM

Jets' Revis era ends with an error

Quote:

So it turns out the New York Jets are capable of butt fumbles in April, too. They are capable of taking one of their two greatest players ever, a talent right there with Joe Namath, and running him out of town before he made it to his 28th birthday.

Darrelle Revis wanted badly to be a Jet for life. He was planning on buying a place in Manhattan, on spending the rest of his career as a citizen of the city, on being in the secondary when the Jets reached the Super Bowl for the first time since man landed on the moon.

Now man might land on Mars before the Jets return to the big game. They traded Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for two picks -- including one first-rounder (No. 13 overall) in this week's draft -- a deal that doesn't look any better than the clip of Mark Sanchez running facemask-first into Brandon Moore's rump on Thanksgiving night...
:lol:

kingtexan 04-21-2013 06:32 PM

If he plays poorly (because of effects of previous injuries), or is injured again, the Bucs threw away the draft pics they could have used to improve their team. If he plays well it is a good deal, in that you can keep him for a couple of years then just flat out cut him to save money, assuming you have drafted and mentored his replacement. If he plays like the star he was, I still don't see him being there more than three years.

Lucky 04-21-2013 07:47 PM

Revis, if healthy, is great. But not $16 million annual cap hit great. I would be ok with giving up a 1st rounder in this not so great draft. But that cap hit is a killer. The Jets arent going anywhere so this is a good deal for them.

Mr teX 04-21-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

:hide: