Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans have officially re-signed T Ryan Harris (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99589)

Heath Shuler 04-08-2013 06:56 PM

Texans have officially re-signed T Ryan Harris

Texans have officially re-signed T Ryan Harris

Quote:

#Texans have officially re-signed T Ryan Harris, who played in all 16 games last season with 2 starts
‏@NickScurfield

https://twitter.com/NickScurfield/st...04746856529920

disaacks3 04-08-2013 07:09 PM

Re: Texans have officially re-signed T Ryan Harris

woo hoo

Fili 04-08-2013 07:51 PM

inb4:trophy:

Texan_Bill 04-08-2013 08:02 PM

Hooshamazilli? .......... "CHAMPIONSHIP!"

IDEXAN 04-08-2013 08:03 PM

Got some depth at RT, good deal.

aussie_texan 04-08-2013 08:08 PM

now to sign a mid round tackle in the draft to compete and tackle seems complete

tru80texan 04-08-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2149167)
Got some depth at RT, good deal.

Depth..he could end up the starter depending on Newton's injury & recovery.

Uncle Rico 04-08-2013 09:29 PM

Wasnt Harris a top draft pick himself? Perhaps he can step his game up too and solidify the right side with Harris. I dont really care who it is, but this coming year I would like some continuity, subbing guys in and out should stay in the amateur ranks.

Playoffs 04-08-2013 10:22 PM

This is a good signing. Harris' issues are more injury related than execution. New FB should make him even better.

Hervoyel 04-08-2013 10:24 PM

Harris is a fine player, 3rd round pick and not at all bad for what we do. He could start on the right side if Newton never puts it together. He had back surgery though and was waived/injured at one point and I think there are still questions about whether his back is up to the job

The Pencil Neck 04-09-2013 01:12 AM

I'm good with this. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at RT to start the season and he could actually end up being really good with a full off-season in the system... health permitting.

Corrosion 04-09-2013 01:18 AM

This was pretty much expected as the Texans only have Gardner and Brown healthy at OT .... He played for the vet min last year , this contract is probably the same vet min.

I agree with the concensus - good signing (and a cheap one) , Harris may end up the opening day starter pending Newtons recovery. Still expect a draft choice to be used on the position tho probably mid to late round.

IDEXAN 04-09-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2149249)
This was pretty much expected as the Texans only have Gardner and Brown healthy at OT .... He played for the vet min last year , this contract is probably the same vet min.

I agree with the concensus - good signing (and a cheap one) , Harris may end up the opening day starter pending Newtons recovery. Still expect a draft choice to be used on the position tho probably mid to late round.

I'm betting it's gonna be earlier than that, but of course it all depends on who's on the Board when the Texans' pick(s) roll around ?

El Tejano 04-09-2013 08:06 AM

We will still go round 1 OT. These guys are going to get us to game 8 before the rookie starts consistently.

Corrosion 04-09-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2149274)
We will still go round 1 OT. These guys are going to get us to game 8 before the rookie starts consistently.

TBH That wouldnt bother me one bit .... depending upon who they take there @ 27. (Artmstead?)

El Tejano 04-09-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2149285)
TBH That wouldnt bother me one bit .... depending upon who they take there @ 27. (Artmstead?)

Exactly what I'm thinking.

I like Armstead but I also like Brennan Williams because he's played in our system. That's why we got TJ Yates from NC. The only thing that concerns me is the shoulder injury in his senior year, but if we got good depth at that RT spot we don't need to bring along the rookie so fast.

badboy 04-09-2013 02:33 PM

Good signing & one I expected. Harris could be even better if healed. I will keep Brennan Williams at #95 on my mock. I could see one of these slide to RG in 2014 with Brooks replacing Smith. Brown, Brooks, Jones, Brennan, Newton. I could see Harris being offered a longer deal in 2014.

NCTexan 04-09-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2149319)
Exactly what I'm thinking.

I like Armstead but I also like Brennan Williams because he's played in our system. That's why we got TJ Yates from NC. The only thing that concerns me is the shoulder injury in his senior year, but if we got good depth at that RT spot we don't need to bring along the rookie so fast.

Brennan Williams is solid, but we should be able to get him in the second. I'd be a bit worried to wait until our picks in the third though.

badboy 04-09-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCTexan (Post 2149529)
Brennan Williams is solid, but we should be able to get him in the second. I'd be a bit worried to wait until our picks in the third though.

Not trying to speak for Tejano but think he was saying Williams brings a lot as does the other guy but at a lower round thereby increasing value. Brennan can be had in third.

mussop 04-10-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2149433)
Good signing & one I expected. Harris could be even better if healed. I will keep Brennan Williams at #95 on my mock. I could see one of these slide to RG in 2014 with Brooks replacing Smith. Brown, Brooks, Jones, Brennan, Newton. I could see Harris being offered a longer deal in 2014.

Why move Brooks to the left side? He's most likely the starter on the right side.