Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   John McClain on SportsTalk today... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99431)

Playoffs 03-29-2013 07:07 PM

John McClain on SportsTalk today...

I was driving and had 610 SportsTalk on the radio earlier and McClain said two things I had not heard before or missed reading:

1) He said the reason Jacoby is gone is because his agent asked the Texans to release him because of the treatment he was getting from the fans ... ?

2) He also said that Marciano was not in favor of letting Trindon Holliday go ... ?

McClain was very direct & both statements were very clear. True?

(Mods, wasn't sure where this topic "fit" exactly -- move as needed, thx.)

ChampionTexan 03-29-2013 07:18 PM

Re: John McClain on SportsTalk today...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2145402)
I was driving and had 610 SportsTalk on the radio earlier and McClain said two things I had not heard before or missed reading:

1) He said the reason Jacoby is gone is because his agent asked the Texans to release him because of the treatment he was getting from the fans ... ?

2) He also said that Marciano was not in favor of letting Trindon Holliday go ... ?

I've heard both of those things before, and while I can't say they're true any more than you can, they both sound realistic, they make sense, and my guess is they are both probably true (especially the Jacoby thing).

Playoffs 03-29-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2145406)
I've heard both of those things before, and while I can't say they're true any more than you can, they both sound realistic, they make sense, and my guess is they are both probably true (especially the Jacoby thing).

Okay, thanks. I'm either getting older or getting dumber .... or both.

One good thing about short term memory loss -- I can hide my own Easter eggs. http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/r...erhasensmi.gif

Lurvinator11 03-29-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised Jacoby was released from us last season. The reason being, is I remember about a month after the Ravens game, reading an article saying that the Coaches had not given up on him, and he will still be with us on opening day.

Then it was reported he was on the trading block, and then released.

Certainly contradicting, but it doesn't surprise me that all of the fans gave him ****. I wonder if he saw the 40 page forum about how he needs to go? :fingergun:

PapaL 03-29-2013 08:22 PM

If he couldn't put on his big girl panties and take the criticism then oh well. Shouldn't be wrapped up in the media and what the fans are saying anyways. Winning cures all. Come back and shut everyone up...instead he cried. Dude is seriously a mama's boy.

Lurvinator11 03-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2145428)
If he couldn't put on his big girl panties and take the criticism then oh well. Shouldn't be wrapped up in the media and what the fans are saying anyways. Winning cures all. Come back and shut everyone up...instead he cried. Dude is seriously a mama's boy.

Of course he is a mama's boy! I mean, everytime his mama was in the front row, he would run one back!

That's what we were missing on ST with jacoby. His mama!

SteveSlaton20 03-29-2013 10:17 PM

if you cant take criticism in the league, then why are you here? you're a big boy, own up to it.

BullNation4Life 03-29-2013 10:47 PM

Man Jacoby Jones just needed to grow the hell up. I got booed all the time, didn't see it bother me....:vincepalm:

~ Vince Young

gwallaia 03-29-2013 11:12 PM

**** Jacoby Jones

rolyat93 03-29-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 (Post 2145485)
if you cant take criticism in the league, then why are you here? you're a big boy, own up to it.

I'd like to criticize your sig.:toropalm:

TexanBacker93 03-30-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

I'm sure he wasn't in favor. ST coaches have to fight tooth and nail for players for their squad. Usually they get the leftovers and backups that have to play ST. He's a potential difference maker as we saw when he was in Denver.

It was a tough call, but when rosters are limited to 53 it makes those decisions tough. I wish the NFLPA would push for 2 or 3 more roster spots. It would make it easier to keep 1 trick ponies and depth at important areas.

steelbtexan 03-30-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2145428)

Yep

I'm glad he's gone.

that is all

Brisco_County 03-30-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 (Post 2145424)
Yeah, I was somewhat surprised Jacoby was released from us last season. The reason being, is I remember about a month after the Ravens game, reading an article saying that the Coaches had not given up on him, and he will still be with us on opening day.

Then it was reported he was on the trading block, and then released.

Certainly contradicting, but it doesn't surprise me that all of the fans gave him ****. I wonder if he saw the 40 page forum about how he needs to go? :fingergun:

Many players and their families read message boards, this one included. They may not read it consistently, but it's a way to check the temperature of the fans.

hollywood_texan 03-30-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

It is too bad that David Carr didn't demand his release due to his treatment by the fans.

texanhead08 03-30-2013 03:52 PM

This sounds like everything else McClain says its basically what the organization told him to say.

Uncle Rico 03-30-2013 05:20 PM

I think thats an awful lack of intestinal fortitude on Jacoby's part if that information is correct.

Holliday had decent to above average blockers on the special teams unit in Denver, here he wouldnt have been able to break much because apart from Braman, that unit just had some warm bodies. Also, why in the world did it take sooo long for Manning to return a few kicks? He has a knack, that kind of stuff is hard to teach.

gg no re 03-30-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2145669)
Also, why in the world did it take sooo long for Manning to return a few kicks? He has a knack, that kind of stuff is hard to teach.

After the Jason Sehorn debacle from a few years back, I don't think a lot of teams are too keen on having key starters on special teams.

texanhead08 03-30-2013 06:04 PM

You can't blame the Texans for that Manning is too important to the defense to risk losing him on special teams.

El Tejano 04-01-2013 02:47 PM

I'm sorry but fans burning your jersey on your front yard is not just fan criticism. That's what happened to Jacoby and I don't blame him for leaving for that reason.

ChampionTexan 04-01-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2146306)
I'm sorry but fans burning your jersey on your front yard is not just fan criticism. That's what happened to Jacoby and I don't blame him for leaving for that reason.

Never happened...
Quote:

Jonesí agent, Kennard McGuire, said Monday that his client didnít receive any death threats Sunday night, and no one burned his jersey on the lawn at his home, as some fan websites claimed.
http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...s-for-mistake/

Jones needed a change, just like Brad Lidge did - although Jones didn't (and still hasn't) shown nearly the ability that Lidge did.

I've got no problem with his playoff success in Baltimore, and I don't care if he goes on to be the next Jerry Rice - he needed to be somewhere other than Houston. The only problem I have with him telling that to the Texans is they should have beat him to the punch.