Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   TT Mock Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99230)

steelbtexan 03-18-2013 11:10 PM

TT Mock Draft

Now that all of the compensatory picks have been announced it's time for the TT mock draft. Super Mario usually runs the draft but hasn't been on the MB in a while. He had Mod privileges.

Who would be interested in running the TT mock draft. I dont have time or inclination to do the job?

Corrosion 03-18-2013 11:16 PM

Re: TT Mock Draft

I want in .... I'd like to draft for the Texans .... No I dont want to run the show. :corrosion:

steelbtexan 03-18-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2138999)
I want in .... I'd like to draft for the Texans .... No I dont want to run the show. :corrosion:

I will take the Cardinals

If we can find a fearless leader.

NCTexan 03-18-2013 11:25 PM

I would like to draft for the Vikings, but I wouldn't like to run it.

:kitten:

Wolf6151 03-19-2013 02:41 AM

I'm in, if I can't get the Texans then I'll take Kansas City, and hell no to running it. I don't have the time or patience for it.

TexansSeminole 03-19-2013 03:55 AM

I can't run it, but wouldn't mind the Dolphins or Eagles.

RT22 03-19-2013 07:24 AM

Rams please. Thanks

Rock N Randy 03-19-2013 08:21 AM

I'll take whoever I get assign
Love to participate but no to running it
I (with a lot of help) run HTMB member and I have one coming up April 1st

45souf 03-19-2013 09:22 AM

I would like the lions...if possible of course

Rey 03-19-2013 09:33 AM

Colts

76Texan 03-19-2013 10:18 AM

I can help run the draft if somebody runs the show and tell me what to do as I've never done it before.

Normally, I have time, but usually I can't spare Saturday during day time.

beerlover 03-19-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2139111)
I can help run the draft if somebody runs the show and tell me what to do as I've never done it before.

FWIW, weekends are traditionally down days (unless players involved are willing to make picks, in which case mod would update on Monday).

steelbtexan 03-19-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2139111)

I will run the draft if I can get 2-3 people to help. Also I will need a list of what the selectoin order and admin privilges to sticky the draft itself with cimments and a separate thread to display picks that have been made for rds 1-7. How would I get these privileges?

Corrosion 03-19-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2139125)
I will run the draft if I can get 2-3 people to help. Also I will need a list of what the selectoin order and admin privilges to sticky the draft itself with cimments and a separate thread to display picks that have been made for rds 1-7. How would I get these privileges?

Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

Looks like you get to be the fearless leader this go round! :slapfight:

76Texan 03-19-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2139132)
Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

Looks like you get to be the fearless leader this go round! :slapfight:

I think anybody can pitch in, at least as back-ups.

Let's say both steelb and I know that we will be busy this afternoon, we can ask one of the back-ups to keep up with the thread for that time period.

The Pencil Neck 03-19-2013 12:25 PM

I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I'm not around enough to do that, now.

76Texan 03-19-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2139228)
I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I'm not around enough to do that, now.

I thought of that; and yes, that's one of the things I can do.

b0ng 03-19-2013 01:33 PM

I'll take a team, I'm usually not terribly busy during weekdays or late at night on weekdays/weekends so if you need a backup guy to make picks I can make that happen as well.

Blake 03-19-2013 01:53 PM

I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.

76Texan 03-19-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake (Post 2139302)
I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.

On the one hand, it's harder to finalize your pick the later in the rounds, so I can understand that.

We can always set up certain guidelines to move it along faster.

For example, we can solicit members (those who haven't done much mock drafts) to be assistant to those who participate.

There are members who don't watch a lot of college balls, but they might be more familiar with some players that they watched more often.

Some were more active before, but don't have much time this year.

Things like that.

We can ask the mods to have a one-time exception to put an invitation on the main board to attract more people.

Whatcha think?