Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Chad Johnson wants be a Texan? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99203)

ArlingtonTexan 03-16-2013 10:43 PM

Chad Johnson wants be a Texan?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...omeback-trail/

Johnson tells CSNHouston.com that he wants back in. Specifically, he wants to play for the Texans. But Johnson also said that hes in no position to be picky.

TEXANRED 03-16-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Chad Johnson wants be a Texan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan (Post 2137856)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...omeback-trail/

Johnson tells CSNHouston.com that he wants back in. Specifically, he wants to play for the Texans. But Johnson also said that hes in no position to be picky.

I am a big fan of Chad Johnson. He made Carson Palmer look like a credible QB. He is older, lost some of that swagger that made him great. Can he get it back? Not likely. Still better than our current #2 WR.

The Pencil Neck 03-16-2013 11:01 PM

Chad Johnson wants to play football again.

The problem is that ... he can't play anymore. Last year with the Dolphins (even before the domestic dispute thing), he was terrible. He had no discipline and he couldn't catch the ball when he was wide open.

If Tom Brady can't make you look good, then you've got a problem. If you can't be the obvious #1 WR on last year's Dolphins team WITHOUT Hartline, then you've got a very serious problem.

infantrycak 03-16-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2137865)
Chad Johnson wants to play football again.

The problem is that ... he can't play anymore. Last year with the Dolphins (even before the domestic dispute thing), he was terrible. He had no discipline and he couldn't catch the ball when he was wide open.

Johnson didn't play any for the Dolphins. He was released the day after the first preseason game.

the wonger need food 03-16-2013 11:15 PM

I don't see why they couldn't sacrifice one of their 90 or so offseason roster spots to give him a shot. Knowing the ultra-conservative nature of the organization, it won't happen.

There might also be a suspension looming due to his legal issues.

chicagotexan2 03-16-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the wonger need food (Post 2137874)
I don't see why they couldn't sacrifice one of their 90 or so offseason roster spots to give him a shot. Knowing the ultra-conservative nature of the organization, it won't happen.

There might also be a suspension looming due to his legal issues.

The problem is he's simply washed up.

Btw your avatar is in my all time favorite top 5 on this board. That is so damn cool.

texan279 03-16-2013 11:55 PM

From earlier today.....

Chad Johnson‏@ochocinco
Head over to @BeaucoupBAG (3102 Old Spanish Trail) Im on my way now FREE Food for first 100 fans on me!

Chad Johnson‏@ochocinco
Houston y'all know damn well I wasn't coming here without having a 1st 100 people fan dinner... y'all coming to eat before we club?

Chad Johnson‏@ochocinco
My flight to Houston is in 3 hours and I've successfully pulled my 1st all nighter since 1996...

:vincepalm::kubepalm::wadepalm::hankpalm:

texanhead08 03-16-2013 11:55 PM

No one wants an average player with baggage. The Bengals overlooked this when Chad was putting up big numbers, but sadly he isn't capable of doing this anymore.

TexansSeminole 03-16-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2137873)
Johnson didn't play any for the Dolphins. He was released the day after the first preseason game.

The Dolphins were on that HBO series about training camp and he couldn't catch the ball at all. He spent most of his time running his mouth with the corners, atleast from what they showed.

MEGA SWATT 03-17-2013 12:13 AM

http://www.thedividendpig.com/wp-con...e-1024x947.jpg

Interesting. What if he makes a come back here?

infantrycak 03-17-2013 12:13 AM

Look, I am not even rooting for CJ to come to Houston but seriously Hard Knocks?

Also guys may get slower as they get older but they don't forget how to catch.

the wonger need food 03-17-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 (Post 2137881)
The problem is he's simply washed up.

Btw your avatar is in my all time favorite top 5 on this board. That is so damn cool.

Thanks.

Possibly, but they really need a team clown with Cody and Barwin fleeing town. Or maybe bring back David Anderson?

BullNation4Life 03-17-2013 12:36 AM

Not Texans worthy...

Bob McNair's first rule...

1: Cannot hit women...

GP 03-17-2013 12:46 AM

That guy is a walking time bomb with a sense of humor.

It still ends up exploding at the end of the day.

Needs help with the concept of reality.

mattieuk 03-17-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2137896)
Not Texans worthy...

Bob McNair's first rule...

1: Cannot hit women...

Sounds great by me - plenty of fresh faced, fast rookies coming out of college who'd bust a gut to play for the Texans as well as Johnson.

The Pencil Neck 03-17-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2137873)

I'm talking about that pre-season game and the practices they televised as part of the Hard Knocks program. He wasn't catching anything. And then in that first pre-season game, he ran a slant, was wide open for a first down (on third down), the ball hit him right between the numbers, and he dropped it.

Wolf6151 03-17-2013 01:33 AM

Chad Johnson wants a pay check period. He's a joke and could care less about the Texans, he just knows we're an organization that needs WR's. NO THANK YOU.

The Pencil Neck 03-17-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2137890)
Look, I am not even rooting for CJ to come to Houston but seriously Hard Knocks?

Also guys may get slower as they get older but they don't forget how to catch.

They might not, but it looks like he did.

Rey 03-17-2013 01:38 AM

If he comes in super cheap we'd be crazy not to consider it.

the wonger need food 03-17-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2137905)
If he comes in super cheap we'd be crazy not to consider it.

He's a vet minimum at this point... money won't be the issue.