Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kevin Walter Cut *UPDATE* Signs with Titans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99107)

HoustonFrog 03-12-2013 01:38 PM

Kevin Walter Cut *UPDATE* Signs with Titans

Here we go...

Quote:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Texans released WR Kevin Walter, per league source.

Dutchrudder 03-12-2013 01:38 PM

Re: Walters Cut

Hope and change are comin! :doot:

redglare 03-12-2013 01:39 PM

Re: Kevin Walters Cut

But when are they gonna cut Kevin Walter?

Seņor Stan 03-12-2013 01:39 PM

The thread title needs to remain uncorrected.

A fitting tribute...

HoustonFrog 03-12-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 2134265)
The thread title needs to remain uncorrected.

A fitting tribute...

LOL..I corrected it. Sorry, typing fast and for some reason I add the "S" Feels so right, I don't want to be wrong/.

Goodwrench3 03-12-2013 01:45 PM

Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Finally,finally....

dalemurphy 03-12-2013 01:49 PM

It's a good move. I'm all for celebrating when the organization makes good decisions like they have done here. However, it should be remembered, that Kevin Walter was a heck of a player for the Texans. He was always on the field. Never created problems. Made many big catches and did all the little things (like blocking) to help this team win.

It was frustrating watching the wide receiving corp struggle to get open and create separation the past two seasons, but he was never paid to be the guy that stretches the field. He always did his job and did it well.

Thank you, Kevin Walter, for the past six years.

Dutchrudder 03-12-2013 01:50 PM

The move saves 2.5 million in cap space this year, because it creates 2 million in dead money. It also saves 4.5 million in cap space for 2014.

76Texan 03-12-2013 01:50 PM

Thanks to a deep draft, I guess.

The first cap casualty.

Playoffs 03-12-2013 01:51 PM

I expect to see someone added -- mid/low tier free agent.

SCOTTexans 03-12-2013 01:52 PM

Finally some news.

Cant say I'm surprised...

NitroGSXR 03-12-2013 01:54 PM

Thank you for the memories!! We loved you and wish you well!!

Schaub2Dre 03-12-2013 01:55 PM

Thanks for the memories Kevin. I'll always remember that Playoff clinching catch you made 2 seasons ago against the Bengals, and that monster game you had against the Jags couple years ago.

ChampionTexan 03-12-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2134278)
I expect to see someone added -- mid/low tier free agent.

Or it could be setting up someone (hopefully Quin) for a contract renewal.

If it were a restructure (which we probably wouldn't know about this soon anyway), then you could almost guarantee something was coming down as a direct result. As it is, it's still a realistic possibility, and we can hope for some news.

CretorFrigg 03-12-2013 02:00 PM

Finally!!!!!! Hopefully with this cut, we get a lot more options in free agency.

HOU-TEX 03-12-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 2134282)
Thank you for the memories!! We loved you and wish you well!!

^This. Much love to lunchpail type players

badboy 03-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2134275)
The move saves 2.5 million in cap space this year, because it creates 2 million in dead money. It also saves 4.5 million in cap space for 2014.

I am hopeful that will go towards a NT like Aubrayo Franklin. I was not a fan of Walter when Gary brought him onboard but came to enjoy his play. After last season time to move on. He can get another deal elsewhere or perhaps go on radio with other former Texans. Not thinking we will see anything on Quin be signed for some time by Texans. He has probably been offered a deal and Smith with allow him to persue offers.

76Texan 03-12-2013 02:07 PM

The one thing I don't like is that Kubiak didn't quite prepare for the replacement.

I thought one of the other guys (Jean or Posey) should have seen a little more of the field in the blocking capacity of Walter.

Too caught up in winning games? May be.

But I believe in transitions; you have got to prepare for the next wave instead of just throwing them out to the wolves to sink or swim.

(They did for other positions, from TE to nickel back.)
But I still wanted for them to prepare the WRs a little better.

htowntexans1985 03-12-2013 02:14 PM

Even after cutting Walter we still have arguably the worst wr corp in the league. Lol. :kitten:

Hervoyel 03-12-2013 02:18 PM

So what I'm wondering is are we going to be seeing Walter again with a smaller salary before all is done. I'm not saying I want to see him back, I'm just wondering what the odds are that we do see him again.