Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ravens trade Anquan Bolding to SF for 6th-round pick (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99093)

CretorFrigg 03-11-2013 05:32 PM

Ravens trade Anquan Bolding to SF for 6th-round pick

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6344--nfl.html

6th round pick? The 49ers got a good deal. I can't believe the Texans weren't in on this. Trading for Boldin would've given us more options in the draft.

dtran04 03-11-2013 05:36 PM

Re: Ravens trade Anquan Bolding to SF for 6th-round pick

It's the salary that's the killer. They had the cap room right now to absorb it I guess.

The 49ers had way too many draft picks anyway. Expect them to wheel and deal like crazy during the draft. There's no way they will use up all of their picks.

badboy 03-11-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtran04 (Post 2133933)
It's the salary that's the killer. They had the cap room right now to absorb it I guess.

The 49ers had way too many draft picks anyway. Expect them to wheel and deal like crazy during the draft. There's no way they will use up all of their picks.

IDK, $6m base and cap; Walter savings could reduce that a bit.

Dutchrudder 03-11-2013 05:58 PM

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n...2-10-18-12.gif

thunderkyss 03-11-2013 06:03 PM

Gotta admit, when I heard the 49ers got Bolden for a 6th round pick & $6M... I was pissed.

After a few minutes, I got home.... fixed a drink, sat down.... relaxed a bit, I reassessed the situation.

& I'm steaming mad.

badboy 03-11-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2133951)
Gotta admit, when I heard the 49ers got Bolden for a 6th round pick & $6M... I was pissed.

After a few minutes, I got home.... fixed a drink, sat down.... relaxed a bit, I reassessed the situation.

& I'm steaming mad.

Even if for one year, Bolden would allow either a draft pick, Posey or Jean a chance to be ready for 2014.

Fili 03-11-2013 06:16 PM

Looks like they might draft a WR 1st round. Jacoby is now #1.

infantrycak 03-11-2013 06:16 PM

Total nepotism.

steelbtexan 03-11-2013 06:18 PM

Teams are making noves all over the NFL. Texans?

Dont give me the cap crap, Rick/Olson created the cap issues. Other teams were able to look ahead and keep their cap house in order. Texans?

BTW, Benn from Tampa Bay could be had for a 6-7th rd pick. While he hasn't lit the NFL on fire, he has ability and is a good blocker. Worth a shot? Salary next yr 650,000

steelbtexan 03-11-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2133962)

Agreed, or sign one in FA. Torrey Smith WR1.

Corrosion 03-11-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

& I'm steaming mad.

I'd love to have Bolden .... but the fact of the matter is the Texans dont have the cap space.

SF has the cap space to absorb that $6m .... They get significantly better with this move .... but the Ravens lose an impact player.

Playoffs 03-11-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

...I'm steaming mad.

Not me. $6 million for a guy who turns 33 and has 7 TDs in his last 33 reg season games and isn't running past many guys.

AB is a leader, and plays angry, but that's a fit for perhaps only the 49ers and only for one year imo.

thunderkyss 03-11-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2133966)

BTW, Benn from Tampa Bay could be had for a 6-7th rd pick. While he hasn't lit the NFL on fire, he has ability and is a good blocker. Worth a shot? Salary next yr 650,000

Don't you think we have enough developmental guys? I understand trying to replace Posey, but wouldn't you think a 6th/7th could be put to better use & try to catch this guy in FA?

handswarmer 03-11-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2133962)

No Torrey Smith is #1, Pitta is a close 2nd. Tandon Doss was drafted for the slot but has been slowed in dev since Boldin was here, his time to shine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2133963)
Total nepotism.

Vikings offered a 7th, 9er's offered a 6th. Last I checked Ozzie Newsome is Balts GM and Trent Baalke is 9ers GM- Harbs bros had nothing to do with it...

handswarmer 03-11-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2133971)
Not me. $6 million for a guy who turns 33 and has 7 TDs in his last 33 reg season games and isn't running past many guys.

AB is a leader, and plays angry, but that's a fit for perhaps only the 49ers and only for one year imo.

Pretty muc how i See it- disappointed, yes. Surprised? no

thunderkyss 03-11-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2133971)

Is that you Kevin (Walter)?

infantrycak 03-11-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2133980)
Vikings offered a 7th, 9er's offered a 6th. Last I checked Ozzie Newsome is Balts GM and Trent Baalke is 9ers GM- Harbs bros had nothing to do with it...

LOL - yeah, OK. And Rick Smith makes all the personnel decisions in Houston.

This is basically a 7th round pick (i.e. effectively nothing) for a guy who arguably was the single biggest reason the Ravens are getting fit for rings.

htowntexans1985 03-11-2013 07:05 PM

Imagine how the rams and cardinals feel today. Harvin and Boldin added to the conference all in a matter of hours. Sheesh. Btw Ravens won't win 8 games after that move. He was the toughest most physical wr on that team. Bailed out flacco out of those punts he used to throw.

Playoffs 03-11-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2133982)
Is that you Kevin (Walter)?

Yes, it's me KW. I had 5TDs in my last 35 reg season games. I'm bigger, stronger, faster than AB. I needs mo' money!

eriadoc 03-11-2013 07:13 PM

Texans kind of pissed me off when they didn't even kick the tires on Boldin a few years ago, and today's move pissed me off again. IMO, Boldin is one of the best WRs of this era. He may be a notch below AJ, but he has put up similar numbers, plays tough, and has been more durable. I'd kill to have him teamed with AJ.