Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Kiper post Combine top 25 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98947)

Playoffs 03-02-2013 12:41 PM

Kiper post Combine top 25
 
1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

2. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

3. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

4. Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

5. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

6. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

7. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

8. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

9. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

10. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

11. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

12. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU

13. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

14. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

15. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

16. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

17. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

18. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

19. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

20. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

21. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

22. Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia

23. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

24. Datone Jones, DT, UCLA

25. Matt Elam, S, Florida

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...-new-big-board

beerlover 03-02-2013 01:27 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Jarvis Jones #1 overall? dude skipped the combine, has a medical red flag & Kipper jumps him ahead of the pack? says about all you need to know :vincepalm:

Playoffs 03-02-2013 01:35 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2131050)
Jarvis Jones #1 overall? dude skipped the combine, has a medical red flag & Kipper jumps him ahead of the pack? says about all you need to know :vincepalm:

When I was at UT we used to bet on football to try to get some extra beer money. There was this guy we knew who was horrible at picking teams -- just awful. Three or four of us would get on the phone and call him to see who he liked, and we'd take the other side. It was an almost 80% winner over 3 years. He was our anti-tout.

Kiper is that guy for me. (Jimmy Clausen, anyone?) :ahhaha:

Brisco_County 03-03-2013 07:39 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2131055)
When I was at UT we used to bet on football to try to get some extra beer money. There was this guy we knew who was horrible at picking teams -- just awful. Three or four of us would get on the phone and call him to see who he liked, and we'd take the other side. It was an almost 80% winner over 3 years. He was our anti-tout.

Kiper is that guy for me. (Jimmy Clausen, anyone?) :ahhaha:

I think the only value that Kiper adds to ESPN is that people love to hate him.

I have a friend who is a notoriously bad sports better. My other friends almost feel guilty betting against him. Almost.

Lucky 03-03-2013 07:43 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2131050)
Jarvis Jones #1 overall? dude skipped the combine, has a medical red flag & Kipper jumps him ahead of the pack? says about all you need to know :vincepalm:

Kiper will change his rankings a half dozen times between now and the draft. So will the draftniks on the internet (and this board). Nothing new here.

HOU-TEX 03-04-2013 10:06 AM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2131055)
When I was at UT we used to bet on football to try to get some extra beer money. There was this guy we knew who was horrible at picking teams -- just awful. Three or four of us would get on the phone and call him to see who he liked, and we'd take the other side. It was an almost 80% winner over 3 years. He was our anti-tout.

Kiper is that guy for me. (Jimmy Clausen, anyone?) :ahhaha:

Ha, that's good stuff man.

Kiper's always been a joke to me. Before NFL Network, he used to be the only guy I could watch to get info on the draft. I grit my teeth at just the sight of him. Needless to say, I praised the Lord when NFLN came along. I just wish Shefter never left. Plus, they put morons like Irvin and Sapp on shows these days. I've written them many a time about these two clowns. They're driving me away from my favorite channel.

I think McShay would be the only person I trust less than Kiper on the draft

Playoffs 03-23-2013 10:52 AM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Kiper Mock 3

1 Luke Joeckel Kansas City Chiefs
2 Eric Fisher Jacksonville Jaguars
3 Sharrif Floyd Oakland Raiders
4 Dee Milliner Philadelphia Eagles
5 Ezekiel Ansah Detroit Lions
6 Dion Jordan Cleveland Browns
7 Geno Smith Arizona Cardinals
8 Jarvis Jones Buffalo Bills
9 Barkevious Mingo New York Jets
10 Jonathan Cooper Tennessee Titans
11 Lane Johnson San Diego Chargers
12 Cordarrelle Patterson Miami Dolphins
13 Star Lotulelei Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14 Tavon Austin Carolina Panthers
15 Sheldon Richardson New Orleans Saints
16 Kenny Vaccaro St. Louis Rams
17 Tyler Eifert Pittsburgh Steelers
18 Chance Warmack Dallas Cowboys
19 Manti Te'o New York Giants
20 D.J. Fluker Chicago Bears
21 Alec Ogletree Cincinnati Bengals
22 Justin Hunter St. Louis Rams
23 Keenan Allen Minnesota Vikings
24 Menelik Watson Indianapolis Colts
25 Sylvester Williams Minnesota Vikings
26 Eddie Lacy Green Bay Packers
27 DeAndre Hopkins Houston Texans
28 Desmond Trufant Denver Broncos
29 Xavier Rhodes New England Patriots
30 Bjoern Werner Atlanta Falcons
31 Datone Jones San Francisco 49ers
32 Matt Elam Baltimore Ravens

76Texan 03-23-2013 12:10 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
5 receivers in the first round?

I hope it doesn't work out that way for the Texans.

Wolf6151 03-23-2013 05:44 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2141965)
Kiper Mock 3

1 Luke Joeckel Kansas City Chiefs
2 Eric Fisher Jacksonville Jaguars
3 Sharrif Floyd Oakland Raiders
4 Dee Milliner Philadelphia Eagles
5 Ezekiel Ansah Detroit Lions
6 Dion Jordan Cleveland Browns
7 Geno Smith Arizona Cardinals
8 Jarvis Jones Buffalo Bills
9 Barkevious Mingo New York Jets
10 Jonathan Cooper Tennessee Titans
11 Lane Johnson San Diego Chargers
12 Cordarrelle Patterson Miami Dolphins
13 Star Lotulelei Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14 Tavon Austin Carolina Panthers
15 Sheldon Richardson New Orleans Saints
16 Kenny Vaccaro St. Louis Rams
17 Tyler Eifert Pittsburgh Steelers
18 Chance Warmack Dallas Cowboys
19 Manti Te'o New York Giants
20 D.J. Fluker Chicago Bears
21 Alec Ogletree Cincinnati Bengals
22 Justin Hunter St. Louis Rams
23 Keenan Allen Minnesota Vikings
24 Menelik Watson Indianapolis Colts
25 Sylvester Williams Minnesota Vikings
26 Eddie Lacy Green Bay Packers
27 DeAndre Hopkins Houston Texans
28 Desmond Trufant Denver Broncos
29 Xavier Rhodes New England Patriots
30 Bjoern Werner Atlanta Falcons
31 Datone Jones San Francisco 49ers
32 Matt Elam Baltimore Ravens


He's got us passing on Desmond Trufant and Xavier Rhodes. I know WR is a much bigger need, but passing on some high quality CB's is gonna hurt.

Fred 03-23-2013 06:40 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2141965)
Kiper Mock 3

21 Alec Ogletree Cincinnati Bengals

Talk about typecasting...

mexican_texan 03-23-2013 06:53 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 2142136)
Talk about typecasting...

Could be a Moneyball thing. You get talented players at a steep discount when they've had issues in the past. You just have to determine whether their contribution is worth potential problems.

Playoffs 03-23-2013 07:28 PM

Re: Kiper post Combine top 25
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2141991)
5 receivers in the first round?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf6151 (Post 2142124)
He's got us passing on Desmond Trufant and Xavier Rhodes...

It's Kiper ...... with his inverted draft compass. http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Webd...s/smiley_2.gif

Playoffs 04-05-2013 08:42 PM

Re: Kiper Mock 4.0
 
Mock 4.0

1 Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2 Jacksonville Jaguars Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
3 Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4 Philadelphia Eagles Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
5 Detroit Lions Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6 Cleveland Browns Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
7 Arizona Cardinals Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
8 Buffalo Bills Johnathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
9 New York Jets Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU
10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
11 San Diego Chargers Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
12 Miami Dolphins D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
14 Carolina Panthers Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15 New Orleans Saints Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
16 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17 Pittsburgh Steelers Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
18 Dallas Cowboys Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
19 New York Giants Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
20 Chicago Bears Manti Teo, MLB, Notre Dame
21 Cincinnati Bengals Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
22 St. Louis Rams (from WAS) Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
23 Minnesota Vikings Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
24 Indianapolis Colts Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
25 Minnesota Vikings (from SEA) Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
26 Green Bay Packers Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
27 Houston Texans Robert Woods, WR, USC
28 Denver Broncos D.J. Hayden, CB, Denver Broncos
29 New England Patriots Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
30 Atlanta Falcons Kyle Long, OL, Oregon
31 San Francisco 49ers Margus Hunt, DT, SMU
32 Baltimore Ravens Johnathan Cyprien, S, Florida Intl


33 Jacksonville QB Matt Barkley USC
34 San Francisco (via KC) S Matt Elam Florida
35 Philadelphia OT Menelik Watson Florida State
36 Detroit DE Bjoern Werner Florida State
37 Cincinnati (via OAK) S Shamarko Thomas Syracuse
38 Arizona DE Datone Jones UCLA
39 New York Jets TE Zach Ertz Stanford
40 Tennessee WR Keenan Allen Cal-Berkeley
41 Buffalo QB Ryan Nassib Syracuse
42 Miami DE Tank Carradine Florida State
43 Tampa Bay CB Jamar Taylor Boise State
44 Carolina S D.J. Swearinger South Carolina
45 San Diego LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
46 St. Louis RB Montee Ball Wisconsin
47 Dallas OL Justin Pugh Syracuse
48 Pittsburgh OLB Cornelius Washington Georgia
49 New York Giants LB Sio Moore Connecticut
50 Chicago DT Jesse Williams Alabama
51 Washington CB Bildi Wreh-Wilson Connecticut
52 Minnesota DT Kawann Short Purdue
53 Cincinnati CB Johnthan Banks Mississippi State
54 Miami (from IND) CB Robert Alford S.E. Louisiana
55 Green Bay S J.J. Wilcox Georgia Southern
56 Seattle DT Johnathan Hankins Ohio State
57 Houston DT John Jenkins Georgia
58 Denver DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M
59 New England CB Tyrann Mathieu LSU
60 Atlanta LB Khaseem Greene Rutgers
61 San Francisco TE Gavin Escobar San Diego State
62 Baltimore OT Terron Armstead Arkansas-Pine Bluff


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger