Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Flacco got paid (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98942)

handswarmer 03-01-2013 08:22 PM

Flacco got paid

6 years, in excess of 120 million...bit more than Brees according to Schefter

Trap_Star 03-01-2013 08:41 PM

Re: Flacco got paid

Worst contract ever....

Therefore I'm a jacoby hater.

Vance87 03-01-2013 08:42 PM

How much does Rahim Moore get?

Hardcore Texan 03-01-2013 08:46 PM

That's redonk!

But I just had a nice chuckle in a text message thanks to autocorrect about this very subject. I'll see if I can upload.

dc_txtech 03-01-2013 09:31 PM

Above average QB gettin paid like a top 3 guy. I understand that QB's are a premium in this league and the guy just had a hell of a run in the post-season but I think this will mark the downfall of Baltimore. The defense is getting old and they just shelled out a huge chunk of their cap space for a guy that in my opinion is not elite.

dc_txtech 03-01-2013 10:05 PM

Just saw that this makes him the highest paid player in NFL history. Ridiculous contract.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...53903384707072

srrono 03-01-2013 10:34 PM

Wow Schuabs contract dont look so bad now. Thats crazy money.

chicagotexan2 03-01-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 2130958)
Just saw that this makes him the highest paid player in NFL history. Ridiculous contract.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...53903384707072

I don't put flacco in Brady Bree's or mannings class but he really delivered during money time. If they get another ring with him it'll be worth it. Well just have to wait and see.

Dutchrudder 03-02-2013 11:55 AM

This is great news for every other team in the AFC. Baltimore just wrecked their cap for the next 4-6 years. I'm happy with that.

htowntexans1985 03-02-2013 12:19 PM

Anyone have a list of their pending free agents. No way they resign their top guys after that stunt. Boldin bailed out flacco 9 times out of 10.

Playoffs 03-02-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2131027)
This is great news for every other team in the AFC. Baltimore just wrecked their cap** for the next 4-6 years. I'm happy with that.

Yep.

Sad thing is, they let Cam Cameron hold Flacco back for so long. I'm sure Cam brought Joe up to speed early on, but it seems obvious it wasn't working these last 2/3 years. It'll be interesting to see a full season w/o Cam.

**Interesting side note to this: One of those salary cap casualties could be All-Pro fullback Vonta Leach, who is regarded by pundits and his peers as the NFL’s best at his position...

mattieuk 03-02-2013 12:58 PM

He was always going to get paid after the Superbowl, but that boy just got PAID.

Absolutely nuts money for a guy who had questionmarks going into January.

BullNation4Life 03-02-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130938)
6 years, in excess of 120 million...bit more than Brees according to Schefter

Congrats to Flacco, he will be the sole reason the Ravens will have to gut the team to pay him....

Enjoy that Championship, last one you are gonna see for a while while you are rebuilding through the draft...

thunderkyss 03-02-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 (Post 2130966)
I don't put flacco in Brady Bree's or mannings class but he really delivered during money time. If they get another ring with him it'll be worth it. Well just have to wait and see.

I'm still on the fence about this.

Peyton only has one ring. Eli has two & Eli is no where near the QB Peyton is.

Tom Brady won three SBs before he became the QB that he is now. The better he got, the worse his team got. & he hasn't won a Super Bowl since.

I have no doubt that Flacco will continue to develop into a QB worthy of that contract & will most likely earn an even bigger deal in the future. But if he wins another Super Bowl, it will be because his team got better as well.

chicagotexan2 03-02-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2131062)
I'm still on the fence about this.

Peyton only has one ring. Eli has two & Eli is no where near the QB Peyton is.

Tom Brady won three SBs before he became the QB that he is now. The better he got, the worse his team got. & he hasn't won a Super Bowl since.

I have no doubt that Flacco will continue to develop into a QB worthy of that contract & will most likely earn an even bigger deal in the future. But if he wins another Super Bowl, it will be because his team got better as well.

True either way I wish It was a situation the texans were in.

Texecutioner 03-02-2013 03:43 PM

Way to much money to pay Flacco.

I'll be laughing at all of the "Flacco has become elite" talk by mid season next year. People are extremely fickle, and Flacco has become way overrated.

GP 03-02-2013 10:38 PM

It's all relative.

Matt got a quickie after week 1 and it reflects his standing with the ownership.

Flacco got a ton of money after the Super Bowl because...well, he helped them win the damn Super Bowl.

Therefore, it's all relative. Only the dollar amounts are different. Both Schaub and Flacco could end up being QBs who had deep trust from their ownership and then possibly end up hitting the curb after a few bad seasons.

The only difference is one guy won a SB title and got a lot of money, the other guy won a playoff game and has "the potential to get his team to the SB."

It's all relative. Except for that huge ass ring he'll get for the SB win.

eriadoc 03-02-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2131027)
This is great news for every other team in the AFC. Baltimore just wrecked their cap for the next 4-6 years. I'm happy with that.

That's the first thing I thought. The Ravens FO has done a good job until now. This is their first big screw up.

paycheck71 03-02-2013 11:37 PM

PFT is reporting his contract is for 7 years 127.3MM

LINK

Edit: Never mind. I misunderstood the point of that article.

Wolf 03-03-2013 12:16 PM

Yep Flacco should send Rahim Moore some cash

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl---r...224421303.html