Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Matt Schaub on Baltimore Sports Talk at 2CST (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98895)

handswarmer 02-27-2013 01:16 PM

Matt Schaub on Baltimore Sports Talk at 2CST

Not sure why but he'll appear on 1057 The Fan

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/station/1057-the-fan/

That's at 3pm EST, 2CST

thunderkyss 02-27-2013 05:59 PM

Re: Matt Schaub on Baltimore Sports Talk at 2CST

What'd he say? Is he buying a house in Maryland?

Texan_Bill 02-27-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130170)
Not sure why but he'll appear on 1057 The Fan

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/station/1057-the-fan/

That's at 3pm EST, 2CST

Ummm :thinking:

That's what sports talk radio does whether local or national. They get various sports guys to talk to and fill air time.

Texanmike02 02-27-2013 09:41 PM

Only tie I can think of would be UV. How close is it? Dunno but its in the neighborhood.

Mike

eriadoc 02-27-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanmike02 (Post 2130353)
Only tie I can think of would be UV. How close is it? Dunno but its in the neighborhood.

Mike

In the same way that Houston is in the neighborhood of LSU, yes.

TejasTom 02-28-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2130268)
What'd he say? Is he buying a house in Maryland?

MSR. Lets hope so.

handswarmer 02-28-2013 08:52 AM

He's the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award for the Texans...http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-cbd962a93667

The Ed Block Courage Awards are held in Baltimore every year; the award is named after the longtime Baltimore Colts trainer who was a pioneer and supported the cause of abused children.

Schaub talked about football, this past season, theplayoffs, etc.......He's from Philly andspoke about his family and what gear tey wear on game day.

Texan_Bill 02-28-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130416)
He's the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award for the Texans...http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-cbd962a93667

The Ed Block Courage Awards are held in Baltimore every year; the award is named after the longtime Baltimore Colts trainer who was a pioneer and supported the cause of abused children.

Schaub talked about football, this past season, theplayoffs, etc.......He's from Philly andspoke about his family and what gear tey wear on game day.

Not quite from Philly. That would be akin to saying Erick Dickerson is from Houston.

handswarmer 03-01-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2130702)
Not quite from Philly. That would be akin to saying Erick Dickerson is from Houston.

West Chester, Pa is about 15 miles outside of Philly. Why nitpick? His family all still lives around there.

Try to post something positive and the cynics all come out....

Cjeremy635 03-01-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2130702)

Bill, you havin' a bad day bro? :cool:

thunderkyss 03-01-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130738)
West Chester, Pa is about 15 miles outside of Philly. Why nitpick? His family all still lives around there.

Try to post something positive and the cynics all come out....

Do you know where Sealy, Texas is?

How is it positive to say Matt Schaub is from Philly when he isn't? Texas_Bill was just going for accuracy, that's not being cynical. He may have said it sarcastically, but he was accurate.

Seņor Stan 03-01-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130416)

Could be good news ... notice a pattern with Ed Block Courage award winners during the Kubiak regime...

Player / Season won / last season with the Texans

Jabar Gaffney / 2005 / 2005
Kailee Wong / 2006 / 2006
Anthony Weaver / 2007 / 2008
Harry Williams / 2008 / 2008
Zac Diles 2009 / 2010
Joel Dreessen 2010 / 2011
Demeco Ryans 2011/2011
Matt Schaub / 2012 / ????

handswarmer 03-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2130745)
Do you know where Sealy, Texas is?

How is it positive to say Matt Schaub is from Philly when he isn't? Texas_Bill was just going for accuracy, that's not being cynical. He may have said it sarcastically, but he was accurate.

Wn a sitting president argues of wha he definition of "is" is, then I should expect people to argue about a 15 mile difference.

Sealy is what 50 miles from Houston? I can use google but I m really lazy. If you said "ED is from Houston" I would say "Cool- now the point of the story is....." not go into a geography lesson.

I live in BEl Air, Md, -17 miles from Baltimore; thoughout my military career when people asked "Where ae you from?" I said Baltimore because to me it was easier.....

Now, since we have wasted a couple thousands bytes of storage on that discussion, during the interview, Schaub himself said he 'was from Philly' and had moved around alot growing up...is that good enough for you?

FMR

thunderkyss 03-01-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130780)
Sealy is what 50 miles from Houston? I can use google but I m really lazy. If you said "ED is from Houston" I would say "Cool- now the point of the story is....." not go into a geography lesson.

The question was why was Matt on Baltimore radio. The answer was that he's from Philly. Another poster was simply trying to be more accurate, maybe because he thinks someone else really wants to know.

Quote:

I live in BEl Air, Md, -17 miles from Baltimore; thoughout my military career when people asked "Where ae you from?" I said Baltimore because to me it was easier.....

So where do you draw the line? West Chester is 30 miles from Philly.

Quote:

Now, since we have wasted a couple thousands bytes of storage on that discussion, during the interview, Schaub himself said he 'was from Philly' and had moved around alot growing up...is that good enough for you?

FMR

My point is there was no reason for you to get bent out of shape since someone said Matt was actually from where ever. I couldn't care less.

handswarmer 03-01-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2130784)
The question was why was Matt on Baltimore radio. The answer was that he's from Philly. Another poster was simply trying to be more accurate, maybe because he thinks someone else really wants to know. .

The answer as to wy he was on the Baltimore radio was the Ed Block Courage Awards- which are held in Baltimore. I metioned how Scahub himself said something about 'growing up in Philly' and someone else went all Google Maps

Quote:

So where do you draw the line? West Chester is 30 miles from Philly. .

OMG- its like right next to it? Does it really matter? H e was explaining why his family is Philly centric until the Texans play the Eagles, then they wear Texans gear.

Quote:

My point is there was no reason for you to get bent out of shape since someone said Matt was actually from where ever. I couldn't care less.

If yo couldn't care less, why post so many times in this thread, 'correcting' me?

Shaft75 03-01-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130794)
The answer as to wy he was on the Baltimore radio was the Ed Block Courage Awards- which are held in Baltimore. I metioned how Scahub himself said something about 'growing up in Philly' and someone else went all Google Maps
OMG- its like right next to it? Does it really matter? H e was explaining why his family is Philly centric until the Texans play the Eagles, then they wear Texans gear.
If yo couldn't care less, why post so many times in this thread, 'correcting' me?

Still though... I just looked at google maps, West Chester is not in Philadelphia. So I don't know what map you are looking at.

ChampionTexan 03-01-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaft75 (Post 2130805)
Still though... I just looked at google maps, West Chester is not in Philadelphia. So I don't know what map you are looking at.

Here's a link to the interview itself.

LINK

When asked about being an Eagles fan, Matt started his response with the words "When I moved to Philly" (approx. the 4:28 mark). I'll defer to him.

SheTexan 03-01-2013 11:35 AM

Geeeeezzzzzz guys!! This is absolutely absurd arguing over a few mile radius from some BIGASS city!! Hell, I live in PASASTINKINASSDENA, which is anywhere from 100 ft to 10+ miles from Houston, depending on what street you're on! Most of the time, when asked, I tell people I'm from HOUSTON! WHY??? Because it's easier, and because i have NO pride saying I live in Pasadena!

Ever since Matt Schaub signed with the Texans I heard he was from PHILLY! It took one of our resident Eagle fans to tell me that he went to school in West Chester, Pa, but, he lived about 8 miles from there. What does it really matter?

I've never thought of "handswarmer" as being a negative poster, but, some of you guys rag on him everytime he makes a post. He started a thread that he thought might be of interest to Texans fans, and you all go POSTAL on him!! I realize it's the "off season" and some of you guys need to be on meds to get you through to Sept, but, no need to be unnecessarily nasty. JMO!!

thunderkyss 03-01-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handswarmer (Post 2130794)

That's the only reason

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2130812)
I've never thought of "handswarmer" as being a negative poster, but, some of you guys rag on him everytime he makes a post. He started a thread that he thought might be of interest to Texans fans, and you all go POSTAL on him!! I realize it's the "off season" and some of you guys need to be on meds to get you through to Sept, but, no need to be unnecessarily nasty. JMO!!

Good to know my efforts aren't wasted.

Vance87 03-01-2013 02:30 PM

Who cares