Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98864)

Playoffs 02-25-2013 05:20 PM

CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Updated today, mid-Combine, Brugler has Eric Fisher overall #1 now and Texans grabbing WR Keenan Allen.

Rang has Texans taking WR Tavon Austin.

I kind of agree with Fisher -- he looked every bit the part at the Combine to me.

Lucky 02-25-2013 05:30 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2129528)
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Updated today, mid-Combine, Brugler has Eric Fisher overall #1

I kind of agree with Fisher -- he looked every bit the part at the Combine to me.

Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs would take an OT #1. Unless they don't plan on re-signing Albert or are looking to cut Winston (with $6.3 million in dead money), the tackle spots are filled. I think the Chiefs are looking to trade the pick. And good luck with that.

Playoffs 02-25-2013 05:43 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2129532)
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs would take an OT #1. Unless they don't plan on re-signing Albert or are looking to cut Winston (with $6.3 million in dead money), the tackle spots are filled. I think the Chiefs are looking to trade the pick. And good luck with that.

Albert supposedly has a "fairly significant" back issue.

I think the Chiefs are trying to game the 49ers out of QB Alex Smith. Will be interesting going forward to see if any teams pay the price for #1 pick unless it's a franchise QB.

Vinny 02-26-2013 11:58 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2129535)
Albert supposedly has a "fairly significant" back issue.

I think the Chiefs are trying to game the 49ers out of QB Alex Smith. Will be interesting going forward to see if any teams pay the price for #1 pick unless it's a franchise QB.

Albert is a FA and has passed his physical. I think they may just take Joeckel instead of giving Albert twice as much money and is likely the inferior LT over the long haul.
Quote:

Albert's back injury doesn't appear to be an issue as he passed a physical recently, but the question may come down to economics. Albert will look for a deal in the four- to five-year range at around $35-40 million. If the Chiefs allow him to walk and target Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel, it'll cost them four years and approximately $22-24 million.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--20...014847563.html

powda 02-26-2013 07:06 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Wasnt albert considered a versatile guy comming out? Plug him in at guard.

YoungTexanFan 02-26-2013 10:45 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 2129923)
Wasnt albert considered a versatile guy comming out? Plug him in at guard.

He was an ELITE guard prospect. Warmack level. Top 15 overall talent as a guard. Then some people started saying he could play LT. He's not a bad OT, but once you move him to LT, he's not going to resign for LG money.

greekdbag 02-26-2013 11:14 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan (Post 2129990)
He was an ELITE guard prospect. Warmack level. Top 15 overall talent as a guard. Then some people started saying he could play LT. He's not a bad OT, but once you move him to LT, he's not going to resign for LG money.

Nice to see you back. Have always enjoyed your draft analysis.

Playoffs 03-12-2013 11:43 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Pat Kirwin--

Has Vikes taking Keenan Allen & Tavon Austin, leaving Alec Ogletree for the Texans. Huh?

Pete Prisco--

Has 5 WRs going off the board late in the first, with Texans nabbing Keenan Allen.

Insideop 03-16-2013 12:00 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Pat Kirwin--

Has Vikes taking Keenan Allen & Tavon Austin, leaving Alec Ogletree for the Texans. Huh?
This ain't happening. You can take that to the bank!

Quote:

Pete Prisco--

Has 5 WRs going off the board late in the first, with Texans nabbing Keenan Allen.
Now this is more like it! :)

mussop 03-16-2013 04:25 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Insideop (Post 2137451)
This ain't happening. You can take that to the bank!

Why/

Lucky 03-16-2013 06:52 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2137506)
Why/

DUI in Feburary (days before the combine). Suspension for substance abuse in 2012. Suspension for theft in 2010.

Insideop 03-16-2013 08:43 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2137511)
DUI in Feburary (days before the combine). Suspension for substance abuse in 2012. Suspension for theft in 2010.

Yep. Texans won't touch him! Way too much "baggage."

Playoffs 03-16-2013 10:35 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Latest two...

DeAndre Hopkins, WR
Clemson

Keenan Allen, WR
California

Insideop 03-16-2013 11:58 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2137552)
Latest two...

DeAndre Hopkins, WR
Clemson

Keenan Allen, WR
California

I'm good with either of these in the 1st. Hopkins didn't do well in the 40 (4.57) but he plays a lot faster. Allen hasn't run yet but there's a good chance he'll be gone before the 27th pick. If he's there though I think the Texans have to take him IMO.

beerlover 03-16-2013 12:23 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Hopkins would be great as Keenan Allen but with so many holes opened up via lost free agents, Texans will probably trade down & attempt to add quality picks to become cap friendly quality players for the next four years.

Having said that two receivers really impress me in 2nd & 3rd. will have to wait for my mock draft (when I have time) to find out exactly who :kitten:

WolverineFan 03-17-2013 04:54 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2137595)
Hopkins would be great as Keenan Allen but with so many holes opened up via lost free agents, Texans will probably trade down & attempt to add quality picks to become cap friendly quality players for the next four years.

Having said that two receivers really impress me in 2nd & 3rd. will have to wait for my mock draft (when I have time) to find out exactly who :kitten:

I could see us trying to trade down, but it might be a weak year to do so with how weak this draft is at QB. Not to mention this draft is low at the top but deep in the middle. Teams might want to stockpile those mid-round picks this year. That said, of course I'll give it a quick go...

1 - Matt Elam - S, Florida
2 - Robert Woods - WR, USC
3 - Akeem Spence - DT, Illinois

ralph 03-17-2013 06:53 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2138101)
I could see us trying to trade down, but it might be a weak year to do so with how weak this draft is at QB. Not to mention this draft is low at the top but deep in the middle. Teams might want to stockpile those mid-round picks this year. That said, of course I'll give it a quick go...

1 - Matt Elam - S, Florida
2 - Robert Woods - WR, USC
3 - Akeem Spence - DT, Illinois

Weird. My exact mock.

Playoffs 03-18-2013 11:24 AM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2129532)
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs would take an OT #1...

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
Quote:

Figured this was coming. RT @ProFootballTalk: Report: Chiefs will listen to Branden Albert trade offers http://wp.me/p14QSB-7CVh

76Texan 03-18-2013 12:16 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2138435)
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Good explanation and they have already cut Winston.

Playoffs 03-25-2013 03:50 PM

Re: CBS Sports Mocks -- Dane Brugler/Rob Rang
 
27. HOUSTON TEXANS (12-4) Keenan Allen, WR, California: The Texans drafted two receivers last season, but they still need to find an adequate weapon opposite Andre Johnson, who isn't getting any younger himself. Allen might slip a bit on draft day due to his knee injury, but he would be great value with this pick and projects as an impact NFL starter.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger