Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98827)

srrono 02-23-2013 10:18 AM

DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter

Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB
Report: Miles Austin could be a cap casualty http://dlvr.it/304R6V

Quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter considers Miles Austin a "potential salary cap casualty" in the "coming days."
Releasing Austin would save the Cowboys $5 million versus the cap. Dallas was expected to approach Austin about a restructured contract after the season. With Schefter's report coming at this point in time, it's fair to wonder if Austin turned down a proposed pay cut. Austin is still an effective No. 2 and slot receiver, but lower-leg injuries have sapped his explosion and vertical speed.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8021/career

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Cowboys would save $3.6 million against their salary cap if they released WR Miles Austin. The team is roughly $18 million over the cap.

thunderkyss 02-23-2013 10:40 AM

Re: DAL WR Miles Austin potential cap casualty Per Schefter

I think Miles would be a good addition here. Maybe not a replacement for Andre, but definitely a piece that could help us now as opposed to waiting for a rookie to develop.

jaayteetx 02-23-2013 10:41 AM

Took all of one post...

Playoffs 02-23-2013 11:05 AM

Mister NFL Owners,

After very careful consideration, sirs, I've come to the conclusion that your new salary cap system sucks.

Signed,

Fans of teams with owners willing to pay to win.

CloakNNNdagger 02-23-2013 11:09 AM

Last year alone..........recurrent hip, hamstring and ankle injuries.......buyer beware.

steelbtexan 02-23-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2128836)
Last year alone..........recurrent hip, hamstring and ankle injuries.......buyer beware.

Seems like a torn achilles waiting to happen.

thunderkyss 02-23-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2128836)

Still started 15 games, 66 catches, 993 yards, 14.3 avg, long of 49, and 6 TDs.......

Tough little booger.

CloakNNNdagger 02-23-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2128841)
Still started 15 games, 66 catches, 993 yards, 14.3 avg, long of 49, and 6 TDs.......

Tough little booger.

Agreed, a very tough little booger. But combo injuries like this tend to catch up with a player

SAMURAITEXAN 02-23-2013 09:30 PM

Yep, booger with a little nostril hair. Not put a hair on chest but, hair on booger!

CloakNNNdagger 02-24-2013 09:09 AM

Apparently, Jerruh's going to find a way to hang on to Austin. He will still be contributing to Cap Hell........while likely limping through another season.

GP 02-24-2013 09:46 AM

I like it when people point to a player who will be a cap casualty and say he'd be great on our team....which is barely under the cap, as well.

:mcnugget:

texanhead08 02-24-2013 12:29 PM

No thanks he spends more time in the training room than on the field.

thunderkyss 02-24-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2129007)
I like it when people point to a player who will be a cap casualty and say he'd be great on our team....which is barely under the cap, as well.

:mcnugget:

To be honest, I'm looking at Miles as an underappreciated asset. Hopefully we can land him for somewhere around $4M. I don't know where we're going to find $4M. However, after reading some news the last few days, it appears that other teams will be looking at Austin & I don't think it would be to our benefit to get into a bidding war.

Since we are struggling with the cap, I'm looking for cheap.

cheap, cheap, cheap.

DBCooper 02-26-2013 11:20 AM

I would take him here in a heartbeat, not for his current money, but I would definitely figure something out.

GP 02-26-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2129757)
I take him here in a heartbeat, not for his current money, but I would definitely figure something out.

All Rick Smith has to do is tell Austin's agent that he'll have Matt Schaub throwing to him and Gary Kubiak calling the plays...oh wait, that means one wild card win and then an ouster in the divisional round.

Well, Romo isn't getting his WRs to the playoffs at all, so maybe he'd go for that sales pitch!

StarStruck 02-26-2013 03:19 PM

He's nice eye candy, and looks much better in person.

thunderkyss 02-26-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2129777)
All Rick Smith has to do is tell Austin's agent that he'll have Matt Schaub throwing to him and Gary Kubiak calling the plays...oh wait, that means one wild card win and then an ouster in the divisional round.

I remember when Atlanta was thinking the same thing. Then something funny happened. They realized just because you never won a play off game with the current head coach & the current QB doesn't mean they can't win in the play offs. It just meant they hadn't until then.

GP 02-27-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2129916)
I remember when Atlanta was thinking the same thing. Then something funny happened. They realized just because you never won a play off game with the current head coach & the current QB doesn't mean they can't win in the play offs. It just meant they hadn't until then.

HC & QB. You agreed that it all starts with them.

Put Austin on the Falcons...or put him on the Texans.

Which team would use him better???

[/Debate]

thunderkyss 02-27-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2130271)
HC & QB. You agreed that it all starts with them.

Put Austin on the Falcons...or put him on the Texans.

Which team would use him better???

[/Debate]

Houston

[/Debate]
[/Debate]

CloakNNNdagger 02-28-2013 09:15 PM

The Girls have been busy restructuring contracts.

Cowboys restructure deals with five, including Miles Austin, Jason Witten